Investing in the Midwest - City comparison

2 Replies

Hi Everyone, 

New BP member here looking for some suggestions / articles / tips

I live in CA and go frequently to Southern Indiana, as I have family there. I'm looking at these four cities to potentially invest in a single-family rental property under $150k, with non-excessive rehab work needed. Does any of these stand out to you for a particular reason? e.g. growth, safety, taxes, regulations, etc. I'm looking at the numbers but would also love to get your feedback.

Indianapolis

St. Louis

Lousiville, 

Cincinnati

Best,

Hi Edoardo, I live and invest in Indianapolis. I personally think it is a great area for growth and has a very diversified economy - tech, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, distribution. Safety - they are some spots that are iffy like every city, but plenty of safe areas as well. Taxes cap at 2% for investors and it is a very landlord friendly state. Here is a podcast I did about the different areas - maybe that will help. Let me know if you would like to connect and have a private conversation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heWY8KBl5_8

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
    • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
    • Learn how to get started with or without money,
    • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
    • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you