Where can I get software to generate TREC contracts?

8 Replies

I use TREC (Texas Real Estate Commission) contracts and I print them from the TREC website but I have to manually fill them out.

How can I fill them out using my computer? Do you have to have software, and if so, where can I get it?

Realtors use software to do it. I'm not sure if there are restrictions on it or not, but I would just ask a realtor that you work with what software they use to fill out contracts, and then google it.

Hi Realtx. I use the TREC too. I downloaded the pdf too, but I hate printing an 8 page contract filling it out etc.

Here's what I do:

Do you have an efax account? I print my TREC PDF to efax, (it becomes a digital copy).

Then in the efax document I can put in a text box anywhere I want, and fill it in. I can also sign it with my signature stamp, save it as a TIFF file (resaving as PDF is just too bulky), then email it to whom ever I need to.

For me this is such a time and paper saver. The contracts make it to escrow with them still being readable.

The program that realtors use is called ZipForm. I think it is restricted to use by only licensed agents, but there may be a way around that. Anyway, I figured getting you the name of the program used might get you started.

Good luck.

Lee Warren

If you are a realtor you can use the software that you get access to with your association membership but there is a software that most attorneys users that also has a free version to fill out the TREC real estate forms.  They have a paid version but you don't have to use that one and can use the free version only if you want.  www.bullformstexas.com Either way if you are not a professional you may want to seek the advice of a real estate professional or attorney to avoid any problems. 

I use zip form plus.  I just looked it up and as a non Realtor it is $110.  It works great, you can create templates so the forms auto fill for the most part.  It's all on the cloud so you can edit and print from any computer.

The new TREC forms (11/2015) are PDF Fillable, and I can save them to my computer when I finish filling them out.  It's a whole lot easier to fill out now; but the problem is - when I email them to anyone, and they pull the doc up the fields are EMPTY.  I've tried every way in the world to fix it:  print to PDF, digital sign / save /send, snapshot JPG to Word (which is unreadable).

The only thing I know to do now is to print it, sign it, scan it, email it.

Any other solutions that I could try?  TIA

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you