Is New Jersey rental market good?

15 Replies

@Randall Esquivel NJ can be very lucrative for buy and hold MFR. High taxes and expensive properties but with that comes high rents and quality tenants. If you implement the right strategy you can win big. What town is your current MFR in?

@Randall Esquivel I had the same problem in 2015, then again I had that same problem in 2018...  I personally don't think that expensive is going away just make sure your plan allows for rent to cover your expenses.

Depending on how much your looking to spend, I would say buy a property in New York City and rent it out as rooms. It’s way more profit in that. And you can always sell as an already Established and fully Functioning investment property with Instant Revenue. @Randall Esquivel

Depends where! Generally, NJ is quite dense so it does have high occupancy and high rental rates. But NJ is sort of like all 50 states of the US in one. 

You have bougie, expensive markets. Lots of "ghettos". Dense working class neighborhoods. Spacious working class suburbs. Farms. Etc! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you