Anything Helps (no wrong answer)

2 Replies

I'm new on here but I am working on getting my license right now, and have read quite a few books and listened to a lot of podcast. I wanted to start focusing on doing now and was wondering if there is anything you guys would recommend me to do to help better prepare me for the real thing once I get my license.

Thanks

Hey Chad.  After I got my license I had no idea how to actually starting getting clients and writing the contracts.  I would recommend getting involved with a team or a broker that provides a lot of education.  That is why I chose Keller Williams and love them.  

Also, start telling your friends/family that you are getting into real estate now and if they can refer you to anyone.  Chances are they will be reluctant since you are brand new but tell them you will be working with a senior broker at first.  

Hi @Chad Turner and welcome to BiggerPockets!

I completely agree with @Brad Hammond that connecting with brokers is the most important next step for you to take.

That said, it's critical to talk to brokers who are where you want to be. If your goal is to become an investor, then I would urge you to focus on reaching brokers who themselves are active real estate investors.

You can't teach what you don't know!

I work with such a broker and would be happy to make the connection. If you are interested, DO NOT message me here. Call, text or email me using the contact info found below in my signature block (provided you're not on the BP app).

Good luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you