Rehab contractor prices / quotes

9 Replies

Hello all new Investor here. I was listening to a podcast and I remember the guest speaker mentioning he had made a spreadsheet with average cost for typical repairs. I wanted to see if anyone had one made up or a template I could use to possibly start off with and modify as I move along. I am looking to invest in the Houston market and just wanted a baseline spreadsheet if it was out there. Thank you all.

@John Taboada - What market are you in?  That will definitely affect the cost of labor and materials.  It will also help to get local investors to see your post if you at some keywords (i.e, Atlanta, Nashville, where ever you are haha).

Here are some rough rates for trades in Chicago:

Caparentery = $50/hr

PLumber & Electrican = $65/hr

Labor = $30/hr

Keep in mind these are super ballpark and vary greatly depending on contractors and their size.

I also found this website to be somewhat helpful: https://www.remodelingexpense....

@Luka Milicevic - Scaling and jumping into new markets is definitely part of our business plan.  Totally focused on bringing technology and transparency to Chicago first and then maybe Nashville after the machine is up and running.

What types of projects are you doing down there?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you