Sacramento, Ca Investors

4 Replies

Good Morning Katie, 

I am not quite sure how you mean zoning laws. The Fire Department sets occupancy guidelines and some HOA Boards set restrictions. Can you elaborate a little more on what you information you are looking for.

Hi Brian, 

I am wondering if there are rules about renting out individuals rooms to unrelated people. For example, renting out a 6 bedroom house to 6 separate tenants, each on their own lease. I have heard some areas have zoning regulations about the number of unrelated people in one house, but I am having a hard time finding information for Sacramento county.

@Katie Phillips

Hey Katie, I’m not familiar with the restriction you are referencing, but do know occupancy limits are currently two persons per bedroom plus one additional tenant.

If I come across something more specific to what you are mentioning I can let you know!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you