Flooring Comparisons hardwood vs. LVP

2 Replies

I am re doing some flooring and wondering how big of a difference an appraisal would be with hardwood flooring versus LVT or LVP. Looking for any advice or recommendations on this! Thanks!

@Kameron Grady

From my experience it depends on what other houses in your market have. LVP is super hot right now in most markets but I would take a look around and see what houses have sold for in your market that have hardwood and how much they sold for with LVP

@Kameron Grady , I agree with Cody, there is no real way to answer this.  LVP is likely fine and will not effect your value in any mid-grade and lower property.  In high end properties, it very well could effect your value.  But new LVP is going to be nicer than beat up, stained, chipping hardwoods in any scenario.

I would look around at comps.  What is selling in your market?  If they replaced flooring, what do they have?  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you