Tyler Texas Investing

5 Replies

Cant speak for Tyler but we get a TON of guests at our STRs in Galveston from Tyler! Maybe a good chance to invest AND have a good renter base of locals based on your location!

I live in Gun Barrel City, half way between Dallas and Tyler. For medical reasons I drive to Tyler often, does that count? I've strongly considered Tyler for wholesale deals because I see several properties at a reasonable price. Haven't do so yet however. I would say Tyler is a good city to invest.

Hi Chelsea,

Tyler is a good area to invest in. Rental rates are stable, economy is good and with all the growth in the area I don't see that changing any time soon.

What kind of properties are you looking to invest in? As in most areas of the country, supply is limited right now...so finding a bargain right now might be a little tough.

@Angie Shires - what is the median house price (roughly) in Tyler?  I was looking as some VERY affordable homes in Wichita Falls last night, but now I'm wondering about the crime rate in different areas.  I love Tyler for the piney woods and would rather spend more time in that direction if it's possible to buy something for under $150k

@David Call our prices have started creeping up this year, but yes, you can still find a home for $150,000 (once our inventory increases)

Might not be the biggest home, or in the most desired area, but they are out there...especially if you shop the outskirts of Tyler.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you