First rental almost ready to rent now what?!

2 Replies

What’s up guys? So I’m almost done getting my first rental rent ready but now that I have to find tenants I was wondering how you guys screen your tenants and what’s the best software for managing a rental? Thanks

Hello Aiman! Stessa is a simple and free option for managing tenants, check that out! :) 

Regarding screening, there are lots of ways tools, but you can use something simple like MySmartMove.com. In addition to that, you can require that the tenant provide rental references, proof of income, and many other details depending on your local state laws. I'd suggest you connect with a local property manager company, they should be able to provide resources on what is legal in your area. 

@Aiman Bennroua I personally advertise primarily on Facebook (Marketplace and Local Groups) and Zillow and their affiliates. I then have them apply on Zillow. It's a little clunky for the applicants, but since most are familiar with Zillow, they feel safe putting in their credit card. As for managing tenants, I'm looking into software right now, but I just bill them monthly using QuickBooks and I can email/text them a link to their invoice. All my tenants like it and it only takes me about 5 minutes a month to do.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you