Investing Online

4 Replies

Hi, I wanted is it possible to wholesale online because I heard of it being done but I just wanted to know if it was true and if anyone actually done it before? And how it went? I know all deals cant be done online (and I wouldn't want tooo, thats kinda lazy) but I just wanted to know because I found a possible excellent deal in NY and I wanted to know if it could be done.

What exactly do you mean by doing a deal online? I'm not sure that anyone would do an entire deal online. What exactly are you asking?

Well, I was told that someone bought the property online and resold it online (wholesaled) without ever seeing the property in person or meeting the individuals. He said he did the contract by fax.

I think I may have read the article or articles you were referring to. The version I read involved some guy that was 'wholesaling' properties in upstate new york to buyers sight unseen.

I believe the storyline went that the properties were misrepresented and the buyers were essentially screwed out of their money. I'll see if I can find the link.

Unless I had someone I trusted actually onsite at the remote location, I don't think I could buy something sight unseen.. that's just me.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you