Trusts /Double Closings

7 Replies

Suggestions?

When wholesaling what are some good ways to maintain anonymity while keeping your deal from falling apart? Any suggestions on double closing in escrow, or the use of trusts? Are buyers generally familiar and comfortable with interacting with trusts during their acquisitions?

Thanks

I know I commented on another thread as well.  I’ve been running a wholesale business for years now, still fix and flip and buying rentals plus holding notes. Not about to steer you wrong.  When it comes to trust, generally neither buyer/seller cares, except for their $$ or the asset. 

If you don’t want to do an assignment, then you’ll need to Double Close. If they won’t allow for pass through funding, you might be required to use Transactional Funding for that closing.

If that was the route you had to take, I offer Transactional Funding. Wholesalers Transactional Funding

@Quincy Baker all good. Also if you’re transparent then your fee shouldn’t matter.

Also if you have your buyers purchase price ahead of time it makes wholesaling easier.

But double close is always an option if you aren’t comfortable with an assignment

@Wayne Brooks I understand sometimes buyers can become uncomfortable with fees particularly if they exceed certain amounts and likewise sellers can feel uncomfortable with a fee being earned on their property. I’m new to this process and trying to understand the business culture.

@Quincy Baker When you do the assignment of contract; then either buyer or seller or both would know your profit margin; through contracts and settlement statements at closing.

The objective of double closing by using transactional funding.  In this case, the buyer or seller will not know the profit you make.

FYI only: When the margin is small, say under $5,000 or under 3% of property value; then contract assignment generally is not a problem.  When things get bigger; double closings are a better alternative.

Message me for any further assistance.

Best wishes.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you