SPAM

2 Replies

Originally posted by "toedaline":
I am sending my first mass e-mail to investors on my list and want to avoid having my ISP provider treat it as spam. How do I do this?

It depends on what you mean by "my list." If you have an actual opt-in list (one where recipient's have signed up (i.e., subscribed) to receive email from you, and where they have an easy way to opt-out (unsubscribe), then you might notify your isp beforehand and tell them exactly what you're doing; or you can use a mailing list management service -- there are several of them -- the name "sparklist" comes to mind, but there are others.

On the other hand, if you're sending out an unsolicited mass mailing to a list of people who didn't give permission to receive messages from you, well... with all due respect, that's pretty much the definition of spam and I wouldn't count on making a lot of new friends.

I've been around the block and back again with this so I know what I'm talking about.....

Got suspended twice for spaming through my regular ISP and was always risking that. It's not worth the risk of losing your primary ISP.

So what you do instead is get an account with aweber.com they're the "absolute best" online. Been around for almost a decade and they have an accuracy of about 99.5%.

So you get an account there. Upload your list to your account. Send it and then see what the results come back as. If they're good then you might wish to keep your account but if they're not then you just cancel the account.

The bigger question that you should be asking yourself is "how to structure the spam email to read in a way where it doesn't instantly get dismissed as spam". The reader will determine in seconds as to whether or not it's junk mail. So it's critical that the first few lines read a certain way.

And when you spam if you have only the email that's not as good as having both the name and email. Because with the name you can personalize a reply if you have the name as well. But whichever it maybe you might want to try something simple like "He how's it going? Just thought I'd see what you've you been up to lately, as for me I've just still been into real estate investing, I'm looking at this new project...." basically it has to sound and look like your having a normal conversation with a friend. Whatever you do do NOT write anything like "EXCITING NEW $10,000,000 CONDO PROJECT UNDERWAY, GUARANTEED 10% ROI, NEED INVESTORS ASAP!!!!". That will get terfed immediatley by the reader upon it being opened, but most will not make it through spam filters to begin with. Anyway good luck.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you