HELOC on Investment Property

6 Replies

Credit unions or community banks close to the property are a great place to start.  Pull your own FICO and call around to a number of them, asking what rate and terms you can get with that FICO score on an investment property.  Many won't do them, but some will.  PenFed is a good bet, as is US Bank and TD Bank.  

@Jacob Greer I'm a banker and get this question all the time - unless they have changed after COVID TD Bank is the one to check for sure. Most community banks even now won't do them. I called a TD branch myself to verify and she told me they did them (that was a couple of years ago so policies might be slightly different).

Hi Jacob,

PenFED will do HELOC's and RELOC's on your primary + two investment loans. For some strange reason, they won't do more than 3 loans. They do up to %80 LTV on investment property at 4.75% Variable and 90% on your primary residence at 4.75%. They charge $100 per year per credit line unless your interest payments on the loan is more than $100 per year. I believe they don't charge closing cost. Anyone can sign up for PenFed. Hope this helpful.

Hi Jacob,

PenFED will do HELOC's and RELOC's on your primary + two investment loans. For some strange reason, they won't do more than 3 loans. They do up to %80 LTV on investment property at 4.75% Variable and 90% on your primary residence at 4.75%. They charge $100 per year per credit line unless your interest payments on the loan is more than $100 per year. I believe they don't charge closing cost. Anyone can sign up for PenFed. Hope this helpful.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you