Request for Advise HOLD or SELL

27 Replies

Originally posted by @Salvatore Lentini :

@Joe Villeneuve - are you honestly saying that real world scenarios can't affect real estate decisions as long as you plan? As long as you have a plan then whatever it says on your piece of paper is exactly what you can and should do in reality? C'mon. I'm a HUGE believer in plans and even I have to admit that no matter how detailed I make that plan... it's really just a guide...a framework. The hard part about REI is adapting to the curveballs.

There are lots of ways to have success in real estate and the right way isn't necessarily the one that works out best mathematically.  The right way is the way that you, in your unique situation can make work for you and can continue to do for years and year.  Real estate rewards persistence and consistence.  If something you're doing is only 80% effective but it is something you can be 100% successful at, that's better than trying to do something that is 100% effective but you're not able to do.

You missed my point regarding planning. I should have referred to it as risk control. You know what happens. You can either be reactive or proactive. The reason you get into REI is usually the math. The better you plan, the better control you have over risk. A big part of risk control is built into the terms you negotiate and keeping your cost down...your cost being what comes out of your pocket. That's what is at risk.

True, I agree

it is better to be proactive then be reactive.

The market that we see today might not continue for more than a year.

We need to think, how can we profit from current market & at the same time prepare for the impending downturn coming just don't know when.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you