What 2021 accomplishments are you proud of?

196 Replies

Closed 2 1031's Bought 4 triplex's, 3 4plex, an 8 unit, a 11 unit, Got to 87 units and have a 7 unit UC now. Sneaking up on 100! Got into some new volunteering with meals on wheels and serving at church. Reading the Bible every day as well. 

@Kaylee Walterbach I would have to say buying an empty 7 bedroom assisted living facility and turning it into my primary residence, furnishing it, and renting two bedrooms month to month, and AirBnB'ing the remaining four bedrooms while working a full time job. I was pleasantly shocked by our numbers for October, $6,500! Our mortgage is only 2.3K, and we manage it ourselves. It has far exceeded my expectations, and I am excited to do some more!

Bought 4 SFRs along term and 2 SFRs short term this summer. All of these are in Ontario, Canada. Really excited about the  Short term lake houses as these are our first short terms. Feel excited about these since I wanted to deploy cash this year locking in great rates and will hold them for next 5-10 yrs at the least.

I got a deadbeat tenant out without having to evict him during the COVID-19 moratorium. Part of it was luck, some of it was wise choices.

Great post and equally great responses so far. I started 2021 by closing on my primary home. Did a cash out refi on my two rentals in colorado and bought a town home with that money in NC. Closing on it November. Signed contract to buy another townhome. That will close in feb next year.

Very happy with how 2021 turned out so far.

Celebrated 20 years of marriage to the same woman. All of my family recovered from Covid. Did not give up on my faith. O yeah I bought a number of houses.

Trickle down effect.. we built and sold about 40 homes in 3 states. for total gross sales of roughly 30 million.
that's 30 million that got spread throughout the economy. In addition we funded another 10 million for investors who BRRRR or buy Turnkey so we help those vendors contractors and give tenants a new rehabbed home to live in. . When I ponder how many lives we effect when we do these projects I feel proud that we can do this..

But to Cap off 2021  BP made aheroshome.com the Charity of BPCON and BP members stepped up and we raised well over 100k for our charity at that event.. Totally humbled by our fellow BP members supporting our mission to give that home away to a Hero.

After 4 years of being off and on with REI this became my year. I finish renovating my first property which was out of state and even though everything that could go wrong went wrong I embraced it as a lesson and kept pushing. A month ago I closed on 3 mores properties where I'm located in North Jersey and I'm beginning renovations this week. Once this is completed I will start a new construction project on one of my lots. As I continue to grow and learn I know my accomplishments each year will only get better with time. I want to Thank You all BP family for constantly giving me that push to know it'd possible. Let's finish out this year strong so 2022 we will be able to accomplish more.

Oh man where to start

- Got engaged

- Got a new job with a significant pay bump and way more time off

- Refinanced my primary residence and shaved over 250 off the monthly overhead

- Ran my first marathon, and through the mountains of Steamboat, Colorado at that

- Rescued a puppy

Started working for a real estate investment company with a good buddy of mine, and after 2 years of studying the topic, got my first deal in Athens, AL! It was 2 duplexes and our company held onto it to flip and hold. Boosted my confidence quite a bit!

2021 has been a challenging for personals reasons and from a company stand point. Covid has been a game changer it threw us all for a curve ball. Construction stopped for a little bit, Material cost went up at an all time high, Material delays, Despite all of this I cant be any more proud of what my construction team did this year we overcame adversity and still accomplished what we set fourth to do. That was being more efficient when we are building and renovating and that looking ahead 2 months out to avoid delays. We acquired of 1st property and flipped it in a 2 month renovation that comes out on the market next month, about to purchase another house to flip, and acquiring a piece of land in the cape to develop a town home complex. I'm proud of what we have accomplished thus far in 2021 

After literal years of studying, I pulled the trigger and bought my first house. a live in BRRRR. I also leveraged my years of studying REI through BP and interviewed for a local government commercial appraiser position. AND. I. GOT. IT.
Now I'm studying Apartment syndication (as well as appraising obviously!) and all the avenues to expand outside of SFH.
BP has been instrumental in my purchase as well as my new career!

I got my 10th unit under contract in my second full year of investing. Once this closes I will own 1 million dollars are real estate. I closed 3 transactions for clients in my first year as a real estate agent while working a full-time job.

I went from 0 units to 19 units in 2021!!! I had a double lung transplant in 2018 and went from the verge of death to living an exciting, fulfilling career in real estate. After a career in education, I jumped in as a real estate agent and started investing shortly after. Now my wife can stop teaching and come join me in RE!!!

For me personally, I've been consistently keeping a daily log of everything I get done. It helps you keep track of where your time is being dedicated on a daily basis. I further had a weight loss goal and have achieved that a few weeks ago. My next goal is to get my first rental by the end of the year!!

*Our first daughter was born in February.

*Selected as 1 of 7 members of the city planning and zoning commission.

*Teaching personal finance to a class of 17 home school children.

*Selling my first rental for a nice profit.

Before year's end I'll have doubled my amount of doors.

I'm also proud all my tenants paid on time for all of 2021. 

Finally, I've decided to move back to my main market, Erie, PA, so I can be there to scoop up more deals as they become available; I lost out on way too many deals by not being there to quickly view properties and that has to change.

I started the year with 8 units with a goal to buy 5 more properties. My wife and I just closed on the 4th property for a total of 23 units! I am searching for the last one to hit our yearly goal and can't imagine what will happen next year.

It is great to read all the achievements people have had this year!

Bought my 7th investment property (4 unit)(22 units total now) here in Lewiston, Maine with the business and nothing from personal. First purchase that I was able to do that. 

Also all repairs and capital improvements came strickly from the business again this year. 

As a bonus I was able to return some of that early investment money back in a steady monthly transfer each month!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you