What 2021 accomplishments are you proud of?

196 Replies

I left my corporate job and jumped into real estate full time. I partnered with a long time friend and fellow agent to take our existing real estate team into two new states while also closing in on becoming the top team overall in our home state. I bought 3 properties this year and am looking at deals consistently so that I can continue to grow that number. I am in control of my time, my energy, and my income and its been the most liberating feeling of my entire life. 

This is a great question that is important to truly reflect on! 

Me personally: 

The accomplishment that I am most proud of isn't that I quit my 9-5 job and got my Realtors license. Or that we purchased and renovated our first Home. It is that I achieved the mindset that broke me out of the type of thinking that not reaching my goals was "Okay". 

Surrounding yourself with the right people is incredibly important! 

Cut back my hours on my day job, in part to focus on managing and growing our real estate business. 

Travelled to Columbus for a couple of weeks to get a better handle on the city for our out-of-state investments, working on meeting some people we've only met through email and expanding our network a bit. 

Watched listings like a hawk, trying to find deals that work. Put in offers on some bigger properties, but nothing has quite worked out.

Changed PMs.

Looking at other strategies on how we can keep growing.

So many great achievements!

For me:

Bought my first pure investment property (non house hack). Netted $39k on my first flip. Started a PM company and currently managing 36 units. Bought an 8-unit and closing in a 6-unit in the next couple weeks. These new investments push me over the edge into replacing my W-2 income with REI!

Couldn’t have done it without VP and some excellent partners. Much thanks and appreciation to all.

Its not as impressive as a lot of you guys but after wanting to do this for 10 years we have contacted a realtor in the area we want to purchase our first short-term rental.  The market is slim pickings right now but I would imagine that I will have one by spring.  So in short.. I am getting off the bench and actually playing

I would say starting the process of learning a third language. Started learning Spanish on Duolingo and am taking a position overseas that where my employer is sending me to Spanish language training for 16 weeks (40hrs of week of in classroom learning) at no cost to yours truly. I start next week and couldn’t be more excited.

I´m so proud in the progress of my portfolio. I acquired an Airbnb condo in Snowshoe 2 years back and was able to  recently pull equity to purchase another. Both are cash flowing and me and my family have loads of fun with them. In my apartment building I evicted a filthy resident that was infesting the entire building with rodents and odor. I remodeled for very low costs and re-rented for an additional $250 in cash-flow. That same apartment building I evicted a tenant from my garage who utilized it as hording trash dump. Again, this as well contributed to infestation. I´m refinancing this for even more cash-flow. All tenants are happy and the units are performing well. I´m in the process of selling off my class D properties and have a closing at the end of the month for one. I´ve eliminated much of the headaches with the others. I have another property where I was finally able to get the perfect tenant.  They keep the place spotless, never is a problem and works in conjunction with me on improvements, thus increasing value  and equity. This is one of my roughest so it´s very challenging getting qualified/quality renters. I´ve had a few ugly *** hick ups as well but in general, the entire portfolio is without question on a great track!  

I bought a duplex, successfully started househacking, and sold a house in NC! Went from negative to positive net worth.

Super thankful for this year!!

As an agent doubled volume and closings from last year. Getting engaged. Buying first personal home. Investing in 2 STR. Bought new car. Read through my Bible 1x so far.

In 2021 I sold out of a business I had worked on developing for 7 years. By focusing on wellness and a positive mindset, I have accumulated enough cash side-hustling, to start investing in real estate. I now have three commercial properties under contract, to close in January!

Loved reading everyone's achievements! Mine is I got my real estate license, in the middle of a cancer scare. Happy to be healthy and a realtor in West Palm Beach, Florida. 

Recently pulled the trigger on beginning the cash out refi process on my rental and have been blown away by the projections from it and the opportunity that will come as a result.

This entire experience & work that I'm putting into investing beginning to pay off is honestly fairly validating and even more motivation for me to continue grinding/working my plan. Kind of like working out for what feels like forever, with "no progress", and then one day you look in the mirror and see that ab starting to poke out and reveal itself!

So, I guess I'd say I'm proud of myself for believing in myself and working my plan. To anyone else who is struggling to see the results or the exact next path forward I will just give the words of advice -- keep going. Iterate and improve on your process, but keep going, things will pay off. 

During 2021, I had the opportunity through my broker to help institutional fix & flip and buy & hold cash investors (ibuyers) find properties in the Atlanta market. Despite my limited experience working with investors, I studied their buyboxes, learned their formulas and was able to successfully get offers on 90% of the properties I submitted. As a result of this experience, I've changed my focus from working with first-time homebuyers to working with investors.

@Andrew Freed

That’s awesome Andrew , I’m also from Boston , bought a two family few months ago and rehabbed it. So just looking to grow learn and network with others. And be helpful in anyway I can.

In 2021, I scaled from 1 rental to 9 rental SFR properties and reached financial freedom. Was able to do it all over the course of 18 months through traditional financing, BRRRR method, AirBnB and creative finance. Feel incredibly blessed and fortunate to have done this and can't wait to see what the following years have in store.

@Kaylee Walterbach I am proud of -1. Having worked at a hospital during Covid 2. Purchasing a 4 bedroom rental 3.Renovating another rental 4.. Won an appeal to decrease property tax on another home 5. Blessings my mom who turned 90 this year with an amazing celebration 6. Purchasing a 3 bedroom rental 7. Working hard to get my real estate business going

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you