investing in Vancouver Island

5 Replies

Hi Folks 

I live on Vancouver Island and trying to get started in investing in property rentals, but the house prices don't add up versus the income generated when I use the calculators, are there any deals on the Island or am I not looking at it right 

Thanks @Wendell Fong

The deals are getting harder to find, but there's a few that still work. There's really low inventory right now which is making it very competitive. You need to be able to think outside the box a bit.

As @Julie Toh mentioned, off market deals can work, but it's tricky to find someone willing to sell in this market. 

I do know of a couple of properties that work, but it depends on your criteria.

@Mark Peyton The MLS is not dead but real estate is very much a relationship business, and relationships are still some of the most effective ways to fill your deal pipeline of properties to rehab or hold. Relationships give you access to the people on the outskirts of real estate transactions that you can tap into as great sources of real estate referrals regardless of market condition.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you