Victims of Trust Funding Scam

6 Replies

I was approached by Jeremy Gaston from trust funding giving unrealistic options for funding a property as also fees upfront before approval of loan I did my due diligence and found information he was not trust worthy or even considered a scam as a victim of a scam I plan to report trust funding to the FTC and also AG in Nevada where he registered the name Has anyone been scammed by trust funding or Jeremy Gaston thanks everyone and please be careful who you try to obtain funding  

I'm sorry to hear you were involved in a scam. A good rule of thumb is never pay an upfront fee. Most private notes are being written by hedge funds and most have very similar terms. When someone is offering loans with extremely high leverage and rates lower than everyone else you have to be suspicious.

Originally posted by @Matthew Crivelli :

I'm sorry to hear you were involved in a scam. A good rule of thumb is never pay an upfront fee. Most private notes are being written by hedge funds and most have very similar terms. When someone is offering loans with extremely high leverage and rates lower than everyone else you have to be suspicious.

In addition and you probably would not know this.. but in Vegas or anywhere in NV .. you MUST be state licensed and NMLS registered and have a brick and mortar no matter what state the property is in.. so if the lender says they are Vegas based and they dont have license numbers on their website they are frauds on their face.. this is why VERY few HML that are real domicile in NV.. I would report them to the NV division that regulates mortgage brokers they WILL follow up.

I made one comment on BP about doing a loan in NV and I got a letter from the state within 2 weeks.. saying HEY Jay we see your NMLS and Oregon licensed but not NV you cannot do business in our state .. and i had to sign an affidavit that i had never made a loan in NV which i had not..  So I know they are serious.  

They seem to have a real NV corporate I’d but I couldn’t find an NMLS listed anywhere. If it is false it’s pretty elaborate including long history with hundreds of connections on linked in. It is connected to several closed NV companies but they could simply be failures. 

https://www.trustfundinginc.co...

Originally posted by @Bill Brandt :

They seem to have a real NV corporate I’d but I couldn’t find an NMLS listed anywhere. If it is false it’s pretty elaborate including long history with hundreds of connections on linked in. It is connected to several closed NV companies but they could simply be failures. 

https://www.trustfundinginc.co...

too funny look at the bottom of the link you sent.. said they are regulated by prudential something or other etc.. none of that is real.

also anyone can have a NV corporation done all the time as we know.. does not make them real etc..  I just laugh when i read these types of things were the scammers think they are outsmarting the public publishing stuff that has no bearing on being a licensed or legit lender its all just noise and confusion for the poor beginner borrower who does not know what they do not know..  

Yeah. That looked really funny to me but what do I know. 

Just thought it was weird that they would go to the hassle of being a legal company subjecting themselves to more scrutiny if they were going to be a scam. At least it’s more info for OP to give to the state of NV. Send them the company name, company #, and the website and it seems like a slam dunk they are “offering loans without an NMLS” by their own words. 

I was also contacted by Jeremy. I've contacted NV through their mortgage division's website. of course I didn't provide any information to them or any funds. I'm new, just not THAT new.