recommended local lenders in greater Montco, PA?

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2021 · 774 posts · 501 votes
11mo

@Sandra May - I've used Fulton Bank for a HELOC on investment properties. I haven't found many banks/credit unions looking to do a HELOC on non-owner occupied properties, so I was excited when I found them. Have you begun the process?

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Derek BrickleyBusiness Member
    Lender · Ann Arbor, MI · Member since 2021 · 665 posts · 227 votes
    1y

    Hey Sandra!

    Pretty common for sure, and might be biased but happy to go through some options for you to see if that would help.

    Gold Star Mortgage Financial Group548 Reviews
  • Jay HurstBusiness Member
    Lender · Dallas, TX · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Sandra May:

    is anyone willing to share their go-to banks/lenders in this area? My first and third door are here, looking to get a HELOC on one to do some value-ads to the other :)

    HELOC on investment properties take a decent amount of equity. More then a lot of borrowers think anyway. The reason for this is twofold: 1) Instead of 80% LTV, most investment property HELOC's will only go up to 70%. 2) there are often loan min of 50k or so.

    I do have a program that will go to 80% on NOO, but the min loan is 125k. So, in reality you need just as much equity as a program that only goes to 70% with a smaller min.

    Hurst Real Estate, INC4.991 Reviews
  • Erik EstradaBusiness Member
    Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Sandra May:

    is anyone willing to share their go-to banks/lenders in this area? My first and third door are here, looking to get a HELOC on one to do some value-ads to the other :)


     Have you tried Figure? I have heard they have some very aggressive programs 

    LuxePrivate Investments LLC 572 Reviews
    • Lender · CA · Member since 2018 · 637 posts · 393 votes
      11mo
      Quote from @Erik Estrada:
      Quote from @Sandra May:

      is anyone willing to share their go-to banks/lenders in this area? My first and third door are here, looking to get a HELOC on one to do some value-ads to the other :)


       Have you tried Figure? I have heard they have some very aggressive programs 


      Figure has some of the highest rates in the HELOC market. They only allow a 3 year draw. Honestly, Figure is a very convenient option for people who need funds in 96 hours or less, but there are quite a few HELOC options that are 1-2% lower rate with 5-10 year draw periods out there. Just depends on the client goals, but I am not sure I would consider anything Figure does as aggressive relative to the rest of the market.

    • Erik EstradaBusiness Member
      Lender · Member since 2022 · 6k+ posts · 1k+ votes
      11mo
      Quote from @Clayton Silva:
      Quote from @Erik Estrada:
      Quote from @Sandra May:

      is anyone willing to share their go-to banks/lenders in this area? My first and third door are here, looking to get a HELOC on one to do some value-ads to the other :)


       Have you tried Figure? I have heard they have some very aggressive programs 


      Figure has some of the highest rates in the HELOC market. They only allow a 3 year draw. Honestly, Figure is a very convenient option for people who need funds in 96 hours or less, but there are quite a few HELOC options that are 1-2% lower rate with 5-10 year draw periods out there. Just depends on the client goals, but I am not sure I would consider anything Figure does as aggressive relative to the rest of the market.


       Good to hear a solid opinion. I only heard of them since a lot of my clients use them for HELOCs. I don't originate any HELOCs, so I would not have a clue what they offer. 

      LuxePrivate Investments LLC 572 Reviews
    • Lender · CA · Member since 2018 · 637 posts · 393 votes
      11mo
      Quote from @Erik Estrada:
      Quote from @Clayton Silva:
      Quote from @Erik Estrada:
      Quote from @Sandra May:

      is anyone willing to share their go-to banks/lenders in this area? My first and third door are here, looking to get a HELOC on one to do some value-ads to the other :)


       Have you tried Figure? I have heard they have some very aggressive programs 


      Figure has some of the highest rates in the HELOC market. They only allow a 3 year draw. Honestly, Figure is a very convenient option for people who need funds in 96 hours or less, but there are quite a few HELOC options that are 1-2% lower rate with 5-10 year draw periods out there. Just depends on the client goals, but I am not sure I would consider anything Figure does as aggressive relative to the rest of the market.


       Good to hear a solid opinion. I only heard of them since a lot of my clients use them for HELOCs. I don't originate any HELOCs, so I would not have a clue what they offer. 


       They are good for what they do, but definitely other options out there.  I have used Figure a ton whenever clients are like "I need money yesterday" because I have closed Figure loans in 48 hours from application.  But for the clients that are clean files, and willing to go through a normal underwrite there are a lot of other better rate; longer draw options out there.

  • Lender · Indianapolis IN · Member since 2024 · 31 posts · 7 votes
    11mo

    HI Sandra, 

    I would recommend you take a look at lenders who offer the All in One loan.  It is available on investment properties and offers a ton of benefit to a real estate investor such as yourself.  Good luck....

  • deals in PA & NH · Member since 2016 · 10 posts · 8 votes
    11mo

    Appreciate the assessment of Figure. I'm not in such urgent need of funds that I can't wait a couple weeks and put in the work :)

  • Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2021 · 774 posts · 501 votes
    11mo

    @Sandra May - I've used Fulton Bank for a HELOC on investment properties. I haven't found many banks/credit unions looking to do a HELOC on non-owner occupied properties, so I was excited when I found them. Have you begun the process?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.