Average seasoning period for Commercial Loan refi.

2 Replies

I have slowly built a portfolio of 23 SFHs in West Florida. After obtaining a spreader loan (basically a blanket Loan) I continued to buy properties cash or hard money. When applying to add the new purchases to my spreader loan (promised that I could during the original courtship by the lender) they broke it to me that average seasoning for "commercial cash-out/refinance deals" was a minimum of 24 months before appraised value can be borrowed against. This limits me to the 70% of the purchase price, not the appraised value (ARV). This 24 month seasoning was quoted as "industry standard" in which I am skeptical. Does anyone else have knowledge of this "standard"?

I've recently did two refi's, both within 60 days of original purchase price. Commercial loan, 70% of appraised value..

These properties needed about 20k in work..

I called 25 banks before I found these guys. Everyone else wanted to do 70% of purchase price- but even these banks would have let me do it within 2 months of purchasing the property.

Call. Around

This post has been removed.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.