Cash out refinance seasoning period

9 Replies

Hello All,

How long do I have to wait to refinance with a portfolio bank for the property bought with my own money? I like wait the least amount of time to refi. Is there any bank that doesn't require waiting period? Thanks in advance,

Thant

I think for conforming loans the seasoning period is 6 months. You might get different answers if you talk to portfolio lenders or credit unions that don't sell their loans. Depending on what property (ies) you want to cover, a delayed financing exemption might be the better choice. Some lenders do that. This is a Fanny Mae program you can quickly google. LTV is somewhat lower but you can delayed finance even if you have already 4 conforming mortgages. Caliber Home Loans do that.

@Andreas W.  

is right - DFE is likely a good option for you - but you must complete the refi within 6 months of the original cash closing.  Oh, no seasoning - you can start tomorrow

Thanks @Andrew S.  reas W.  for the great info. I'll research more on Delay financing option.

@Thant H.  

You can get 75% of appraised value after 6 months with conventional

in my experience, others may be different, I am having trouble finding lenders that will do refis under 12 months.  More over, most of my properties are sub 50K.  So trying to find a lender that will do both sub 50K refi before the 12 month seasoning is something I have yet to accomplish

@Dustan Marshall  

Do you think you can combine a couple of properties (sub 50K) and get a blanket loan or something? 

not sure.  That is something that I need to explore.  Really want to develop a good relationship with a lender so that they would be willing to open up more possibilities

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here