Votes
Joe Boggin
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
is this lender too conservative?

Joe Boggin
  • Philadelphia, PA
Posted Aug 10 2015, 19:47

my mothered transferred the deed from her primary residence to my two brothers and myself.  the note is being paid for by my mother.  my brothers and myself are not on the loan...just the title.  

my one brother is in the process of purchasing a home and his lender told him to have his named removed from the deed to my mothers house.  event hough he is not on the note, he is on the hook for the real estate taxes and insurance, which i believe throws off his ratios.  funny thing is he is on the hook for all of the real estate taxes and all the insurance, which im guessing my other brother and myself would be as well?!? in a lenders eyes, if something were to happen to two of us three, the third one would be responsible for covering all the taxes and insurance.  

is this the norm with lenders?  do lenders normally do a search to see if the applicant has their name on a deed in some county record book?  

another unrelated but somewhat related question... if i own three rental properties free and clear and decide at some point i want to move from my primary residence across town to a different house, would the above situation (taxes/insurance be used as debt to effect my ratios) be avoided if my rental properties were in the name of an LLC and not my personal name?

Loading replies...