• Investor
  • Laguna Beach, CA
Votes |
203k Streamline - Loan Permit Certification Issues

Monique Correia
  • Investor
  • Laguna Beach, CA
Posted Oct 1 2015, 18:51

i received a 'Rehabilitation Loan Permit Certification' document required from our Lender to close our 203k streamline loan.  We're only doing cosmetic work, but that includes replacing the windows which requires a permit according to our GC.

This document must be signed by someone who is either a City,Town, or County Building Inspector/Code Enforcement Officer, or a 203k Consultant.  They must confirm that you do/don't need any permits, and authorize this with a signature.  So I headed down to the Building Department at City Hall in Arlington.  The local building inspector refused to sign, and said that no one that works for the city would sign something like this.  She said they review plans and give out permits, but they do not sign "one-off" letters for individual work.

My other option according to the document is a 203k Consultant.  Because the loan is a streamline, I have only been working with my GC on inspections and estimate.  I'm not certain if the 203k consultant would require payment, or to have been involved from the beginning, like they would on a traditional 203k loan.

Does anyone have any advice on where and from whom i need to get sign off on this document?  Anyone else in the city I should try? Would a 203k consultant work with me on just 1 document?

Loading replies...