cash-out refinance or Line of credit

cash-out refinance or Line of credit

Rental Property Investor · Logan, UT · Member since 2016 · 31 posts · 3 votes

Good afternoon BP,

       My question today is on whether or not I should do a cash-out refinance or do a home equity line of credit on my duplex?

Here are the details on my house.

- Bought with an FHA loan in July of '16

- Paid market value of $166,000

- Remaining loan is $160,000

- Raised rents from $1,150 to $1,450

- New appraisal of $210,000 from improvements and comps in my area.

I am wondering where my owner occupied loan will be up in July, I have the ability to refinance into a conventional loan and be able to get another FHA. Or if I should keep my FHA status and do a home equity line of credit, where I can then take money out when I'm ready and buy a seller-financed deal or even get a conventional loan?

Let me know your thoughts and if you have any other questions to help you in your advice. Thanks in advance.

0Reply
5 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.