• Real Estate Investor
  • Chatsworth, GA
Votes |
Negotiating better terms on a Loan

Micheas Marroquin
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Chatsworth, GA
Posted Apr 3 2017, 09:51

I recently purchased a house with 3 mobile homes together. The advice of the BP community was very helpful. Thank you guys! This property is cash flowing about $600 a month. 

Now as I prepare for my next multifamily, I'd like to negotiate better terms with the bank. 

I'd like to know how I can negotiate this terms. For example in the last mortgage, they gave me a 5% interest rates fixed with a balloon in 5 years. At year five, they said if we have a good payment history, they will just adjust the rate at whatever it is in the market. I also paid about 4,000 in closing costs (that includes a half point for $250, appraisal, attorneys fees and so on). So now I would like to ask my banker if they would consider not charging me any closing costs, appraisal, points etc. for my next deal. Do you guys think they would give me their prime rate and not charge me any closing costs if I start banking with them since I am not banking with this bank yet? Has anybody negotiated better terms with a bank this way.   What other ways could I negotiate better terms with my banker. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Loading replies...