Votes
Robert Hastings
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
rental properties messing with my DTI

Robert Hastings
  • Philadelphia, PA
Posted Aug 31 2017, 14:05

i purchased my primary home with my wife about 5 years ago.  since i purchased my primary, i have also purchased close to 5 pieces of rental properties.  three are in my name personally and my llc owns 2 of them.  my mother deeded her home to my brother and myself about 3 years ago, so, technically, my name is on the deed to close to 6 pieces of real estate on top of my primary.

lenders dont like this.  the real estate taxes are considered debt to a lender.  my real estate taxes combined with all 6 properties are close to 5k annually.  so to a lender, my rental portfolio creates debt like i have a car payment.  is there any way around this?  will the llc owned properties be factored into my debt to income or just the properties i own personally?  

all the properties are performing well and they are cash flowing nicely.  the rental income i earn should offset the debt incurred but i just feel, idk, salty about the numbers.  i know underwriters are digitized and a couple dollars over can throw a ratio off and kill a deal.  

thank god we will be putting down at least 20% and have over a year of reserves.  hopefully they will allow a high dti.  fingers crossed.

Loading replies...