Refinancing a rental property in a different state (Military)

Refinancing a rental property in a different state (Military)

Macon, GA · Member since 2015 · 29 posts · 15 votes

I bought a rental property and planned to do the BRRR strategy. Its on a 3 year ballon loan and want to refinance. I am a little lost on the process because I attempted and my credit and income is not an issue, but the state laws were an issue. Do I have to get a bank within the same state or is there a way to refinance with in a different state?

0Reply
23 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Andrew PostellPro Member
    Lender · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    8y

    @Danny Hubbard uggggg, sometimes I hate the laws that govern lending.  For the customer, it can be very confusing.  There are two items to consider here - a very large, national bank is licensed in every state.  BUT they aren't investor friendly.  For investor friendly lenders we need to work with smaller to mid-sized banks.  And those banks need to be licensed in each state separately.  There are state specific forums here at Bigger Pockets.  Try posting there or you can even post here and use "looking for lending in X state (or city)" in your subject line for better responses.  Thanks!

  • Macon, GA · Member since 2015 · 29 posts · 15 votes
    8y

    Thank you for the response. I will take your advice and post in the forums. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.