Lender that works with a Canadian

6 Replies

Hello again BP,

I was wondering if anyone knows a lender that they can put me in contact with that works with a Canadian looking into investing in US. I work in Canada and I do not have any sort of Visa within US, and the reason I say that, so far i've spoken to 3-4 lenders that have asked me If I have a working visa or if I am a green card holder.

Thank you everyone in advance, 

@Saeid Safarmehdi I would try a local broker in the area you are investing to shop this loan out for you.  There is a small percentage of banks that offer this type of program.  Usually a broker is approved with many different lenders and can do some of the "outside the" type of deals.

813-629-5478

There are lenders that lend to Canadians in states like Florida and Arizona where many Canadians vacation.  I don’t know any myself but you may also want to talk to TD and Royal Bank who have branches on the east coast in US. 

Thanks @Melvin List

I haven't contacted any local broker yet but i have spoken with 3-4 lenders in the area and all of them are saying that i need to have a Visa and they can't work with a Canadian citizen. I did’t think it’ll be this hard to find a traditional lenders to work with me. 

Thanks @Thomas Lorini

I spoke with TD today, they don't lend on properties in Ohio, they only work with the states on the east coast. I did leave a message for RBC and BMO, hopefully i hear back from them on Monday, I'll let you know. 

Originally posted by @Saeid Safarmehdi :

Thanks @Thomas Lorini

I spoke with TD today, they don't lend on properties in Ohio, they only work with the states on the east coast. I did leave a message for RBC and BMO, hopefully i hear back from them on Monday, I'll let you know. 

Good luck. I remember having a conversation with a lender several years back who lend to Canadians ...they didn’t need a visa or status. If I remember their name I’ll let you know. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.