Lender that works with a Canadian

6 Replies

Hello again BP,

I was wondering if anyone knows a lender that they can put me in contact with that works with a Canadian looking into investing in US. I work in Canada and I do not have any sort of Visa within US, and the reason I say that, so far i've spoken to 3-4 lenders that have asked me If I have a working visa or if I am a green card holder.

Thank you everyone in advance, 

@Saeid Safarmehdi I would try a local broker in the area you are investing to shop this loan out for you.  There is a small percentage of banks that offer this type of program.  Usually a broker is approved with many different lenders and can do some of the "outside the" type of deals.

There are lenders that lend to Canadians in states like Florida and Arizona where many Canadians vacation.  I don’t know any myself but you may also want to talk to TD and Royal Bank who have branches on the east coast in US. 

Thanks @Melvin List

I haven't contacted any local broker yet but i have spoken with 3-4 lenders in the area and all of them are saying that i need to have a Visa and they can't work with a Canadian citizen. I did’t think it’ll be this hard to find a traditional lenders to work with me. 

Thanks @Thomas Lorini

I spoke with TD today, they don't lend on properties in Ohio, they only work with the states on the east coast. I did leave a message for RBC and BMO, hopefully i hear back from them on Monday, I'll let you know. 

Originally posted by @Saeid Safarmehdi :

Thanks @Thomas Lorini

I spoke with TD today, they don't lend on properties in Ohio, they only work with the states on the east coast. I did leave a message for RBC and BMO, hopefully i hear back from them on Monday, I'll let you know. 

Good luck. I remember having a conversation with a lender several years back who lend to Canadians ...they didn’t need a visa or status. If I remember their name I’ll let you know. 

@Saeid Safarmehdi Non-QM has a foriegn national product that might work for you. Non-QM is wholesale. You would need to connect with a lender that has access to the non-qm wholesale product. I will PM you. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here