Any banks that require < 20% down when getting investment loan?

2 Replies

does anyone know of lenders/banks that will let you put less than 20% down on an investment property loan? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Yes. I know a lot. Call and talk to your banks and local lenders. For example, my back will lend to be below 20% for an investment property, even as low as 5 - 3.5, but the catch where I invest is what county the property is in and the cost of the property. Let’s say I wanted to invest in a property in my local county, if the property was below 425k the bank has no issue with a 5% down and finance the rest. But if I was investing in the county next to mine the banks have no preference, so long as not less tan 3.5%.

Also, don’t let not having finding discourage you if that’s the case. If you have a deal, or a very sound business plan, money will find you. You can always find financing so long as the lender finds your deal will give a return.

Thanks for the info. No deal yet. Just trying to get everything in order for the first deal when it does come up.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here