HELOC or Home Equity Loan from rental properties

7 Replies

I am planning to pull some equity from my rental properties to buy another one. 

Which bank would provide HELOC or home equity loan from rental properties nowadays? I've asked a couple and no luck. Thanks.

Penfed Credit union.

I also have a reference for you of a banker I've used - I've done over 150 deals with him, and he will know if it can be done.  Please PM me for his contact info.

Navy Fed CU, Pentagon Fed CU, Wells Fargo and depending on where your property is Huntington is super helpful. 

801-610-9307

@Yan Guo If you have favorable terms on your first mortgages then equity line is great but can be difficult on investment. If the terms of your first are not the best or have a short term remaining you may want to look at a refi of the entire balance with the cash you need. 

Are properties in your name or your company name? That makes a big difference.

It’s in Orlando under my name.

Originally posted by @Michael Huck :

@Yan Guo If you have favorable terms on your first mortgages then equity line is great but can be difficult on investment. If the terms of your first are not the best or have a short term remaining you may want to look at a refi of the entire balance with the cash you need. 

I have ten years left on the first mortgage. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.