How to fund my next deal

2 Replies

Hello all,

Looking into buying another SFR in my area. Not sure how I should fund my next deal. The budget is $400K.

1) HELCO  = all cash purchase with intention to refinance later on

2) Refi on another rental  property = all cash purchase

3) Conventional mortgage

Which method could save me some money at closing in NY and in the long run?  My averaging closing cost has been $20K.  Thank you.

@Thomas N. I am located in Pittsburgh but I would think the same rules would apply in New Your. 

1. The HELOC is a great way to leverage your equity so paying cash cant hurt. Just be sure you can qualify for a HELOC before you tie up the cash in an investment.

2. Anytime you can leverage funds from anything regardless if its an unsecured LOC or a HELOC or a refinance its going to help you grow your portfolio.

Work with a good mortgage broker who has multiple lenders and programs. Reach out to @Jason Horr he can help you if you are planning to buy in PA.

@Alex Deacon ,

Thanks Alex,  the one thing I can say is talk to a trusted mortgage professional, because every ones individual situation is different.  A type of loan that works for one person may not be the best fit for another person.  

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.