Home Equity Loan Germany

7 Replies

I have a property in Germany which I purchased 3 years ago and have appreciated in value. 

Ideally I would like to release some of the equity from my home in order to purchase a second rental property. 

Does anyone here have experience or contacts who offer equity finance in Germany?

Daniel, there are plenty of lenders that will give you a hypothek (cash of refi) on your property if you own it free and clear. Try InterhypAG. All they need is your american tax returns but they even finance up to 120% (fullprice + closing cost) at the moment. Where are you based out of? For buy and hold there are better areas than Berlin. Berlin is great for big developments at the moment. 

Hi guys, I'm also interested in the idea of extracting capital out of appreciated properties in German, particularly Berlin. I recently read about the BRRRR method. Would this work in Germany? I.e. if I buy a doer-upper, renovate, will I be able to refinance and extract cash for further investments? Any thoughts @Michael B. ?

if I buy a doer-upper, renovate, will I be able to refinance and extract cash for further investments?

Its possible but if you are in Berlin you will know there isnt the same culture around investment as the US so it is a lot harder to get finance like this.