Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice

User Stats

Votes
Emily Wells
Votes |
Getting a mortgage with a new job

Emily Wells
Posted Nov 12 2018, 14:09

So, long story short, we're moving from GA to AL.  The mortgage guy based everything on my husband's current job/salary (called corporate and they verified my husband was employed, his salary, etc.)  The problem is, a few days before we close on our new home, they're going to call my husband's employer again and re-verify everything.  At that point, he will no longer be employed with the company.  He will be starting a new job shortly after we move to AL that pays much better than his current job (right now he's salaried, but the new job will be both hourly and mileage-based).  

The mortgage broker we're using thinks this will be a problem for underwriting since they have no way to know exactly how much money he will be making.  (It will be considerably more than he makes now, but we have no way to prove it.)

Has anyone experienced this before, and do you know how it's handled in the mortgage industry? Surely we can't be the first people to run into an issue like this, lol  The mortgage guy doesn't know because he's never dealt with this situation before (small town, small company, etc.)

Loading replies...