How do I structure a Private Money Loan for my first flip?

How do I structure a Private Money Loan for my first flip?

Flipper/Rehabber · Littleton, CO · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 0 votes

Hello,

I'm working on putting together my first Fix&Flip deal. I have a good friend who wants to invest into the flip and agreed to provide all the funding needed for purchasing a property using a hard money loan (10% + 2pts) and provide all the rehab funds needed plus holding costs. Hard money lender wants 10% of the purchase price to come from my side, and will credit it back to me when he sees progress on the flip after a month. My friend would provide the 10% of purchase price and finance all the rehab costs. 

He is giving me the money as a loan at 13% simple annual interest. He'll get paid back after the project is completed.


My question is, how do I structure an agreement with my friend for what we're trying to do? 
I would like to secure my friend's loan with a lien on the property in 2nd position. What do I do to do that?

Do you have a template I can use for any of the agreements I may need to structure this?


I know there were similar posts to mine before, but I wanted to ask for advice that's specific to my situation.

Any and all feedback is very much welcome and appreciated!

Thank you very much for your advice in advance!

0Reply
15 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Alexandria, VA · Member since 2018 · 99 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    @Alex Arkhangelskiy

    Get with a closing attorney and they will do what you are asking

  • Specialist · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2015 · 909 posts · 297 votes
    7y

    dont be afraid of spending a little money for legal council to draft your agreement

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Littleton, CO · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Thanks for the advice guys.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.