Cash-Out Refi Lender with No/Low Closing Costs?

9 Replies

Looking for a lender that can do a no/low-cost cash-out refi on a rental. Throwing this out to the BP Community. Curious if anyone has found an ideal/competitive option for this? Thank you!

I'm in Utah, PS! 

I have found that banks all follow the FNMA guidelines for lending. They are all going to require the same things for underwriting. Costs will include an appraisal, origination fee, title work, filing fee, etc. Banks are the cheapest money available.

Originally posted by @Lincoln Selk :

Looking for a lender that can do a no/low-cost cash-out refi on a rental. Throwing this out to the BP Community. Curious if anyone has found an ideal/competitive option for this? Thank you!

I'm in Utah, PS! 

You can swap out rate to have the lender cover all closing costs...

The key is to look at the merits of getting the costs down with raising the rate vs. paying them. What's the ROI on the higher payment with closing costs covered, and do you plan to be in the property that long?

Thanks, @Jenning Yu and @Chris Clasby . Yes, I would run the numbers for the project I'm working on to see the cost of any rate/closing cost trade-off. I'll see how Lane over at First Colony compares to the other traditional lenders I've received quotes from. 

My question was more along the lines of any lender particularly competitive on closing costs for the refi without taking a huge hit on the interest rate.

I appreciate the help!