Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice

User Stats

Votes
Matt Pele
Votes |
Looking for Private Investors and High net worth Individuals

Matt Pele
Posted Jan 17 2020, 01:05

I work with 2 partners and we're trying to branch out and expand our network of investors and lenders. One of my partners is a contractual lawyer by trade. He's been performing due diligence on debt and equity financing requests for clients for ten years. He recently left a Ultra High Net Worth Serial Entrepreneur within the Seattle area who he took from roughly 175 million net worth to 400 million net worth in his 3 1/2 years of employment. He maintains this network of borrowers. He has worked on financings ranging from commercial real estate, tech startups, Hollywood productions, delivering private aircrafts to international airports, and many things in between. He prides himself on thinking of the worse-case scenario of any potential deal and how to protect an investor against that scenario. Businesses reach out to him on a weekly basis with highly lucrative high return hard money loan requests. The issue we are consistently facing is most of these deals are hard money requests using assets, collateral, and often personal/corporate guarantees by the borrower which are negotiated into the terms. So although they don't meet most underwriting requirements from direct lenders, nonetheless these requests are vetted by an expert who knows how to protect the lender, most requests are collateralized  by assets 2x the size of the request or bigger. Typical requests range from 1-2 million (but he gets a wide spectrum as well,) 6-12 month terms, and 15-20% interest. I would say 50% of the requests are real estate. Any advice as to how to connect to the right Private Investors or High net worth individuals that might be interested in these type of requests?

Loading replies...