Private Investors $$

10 Replies

Is there a way to find Private Investors w/out paying for a list..?

Sincerely:

Karen

You are in the right place. If you have a deal, expertise, or capital you can find the other missing parts on BP. If you are looking for funding, feel free to explain what kind of opportunity you can offer an investor, and what kind of return they could expect. If you provide details, you will get well reasoned responses. Good luck

Welcome aboard

Maybe attend your local REIA group meetings

Family and friends

Co-workers from W2 employers

instructors in college / teachers

church members

dentist , doctors, cpa, attorney 

( people who you been doing busy with in some kind of fashion )

Crowd funding

neighbors

etc

It's about building trust worthy relationships <-

Richard:

Thanks so much.. I have over 20 years in the Flipping world. Newly divorced after 30 yrs. Want to get back on horse.. I am Exteamly good @ finding lucrative deals & I have some helpful software to boot. ;) Have 2 Hud's and 1 REO- SFR Deals ready to go.. I Have a Cash Buyer for one of the properties.!.

Looking for reasonable Rate w/little to No Points & Returns of up to 18%.

Sincerely;

Karen hurd

Acworth,Ga 30101

@Karen Hurd if you're really looking for a lender you will need to upgrade to a paid account and post in the Marketplace forum.

Private lenders are people you know.  Talk to everyone you know and everyone you meet and, in time, you'll find some.  But if you need someone quick you're really talking hard money.  Best way to find these is word of mouth.  Attend REIAs or other events in your local area and start asking around.  Most do require some amount of your own cash into the deal and do charge points. Some expect monthly payments.

The best way to find a lender or an investor is to look locally, @Karen Hurd , and real estate clubs will likely have the highest concentration of those with money and an interest and understanding of real estate in your area. Here's a fairly long list of clubs you might consider. Someone here could probably point out the best of these in the Atlanta area.

I'm not a fan of mixing business with family and friends. There are the obvious risks to the relationships. Plus, unless they are extremely well heeled, you'll constantly be chasing money that might not be reliable. In my view, one-off loans are not a long-term growth strategy.

I would also avoid any lender lists you have to pay for, but this is not to save money. These lists tend to be comprised of fabricated names or unmotivated lenders and most have awful reputations. If you have a name or two, do a search here and you'll understand what I mean.

There are several legitimate free sites you can go to for a list of asset-based lenders. These include Scotsman Guide and the American Association of Private Lenders. The latter, which I'm a member, is comprised of large professional companies, who might obtain their cash through a mortgage pool or other syndication, to small mom and pop individuals like us, who only loan their own funds on a face-to-face relationship.

Serious lenders don't mind paying to be on a list you can obtain for free.

Jeff:

Thank You So Much for all the info, My PI is tied up @ the moment is why Im reaching out.  I have always used my own money for deals, but recentely divorced of 30 yrs, Need a partner.  Thank You So much again, I Appreciate all your help.

Sincerely;
Karen Hurd

@Karen Hurd welcome to BP and I would imagine with over 20 years of experience in the flipping world you already have people who would partner with you. Unless the deals went south and bridges have been burned. Assuming that's not the case, then I'd just reach out to them. 

Other than that, I'd list out all the friend networks you have (i.e. high school, college, different clubs, orgs, family) and focus on getting 1 partner from each network. Once one person gets on board from a network it'll be a domino effect with other people in the network.

This post has been removed.

Originally posted by @Joe Fairless:

@Karen Hurd welcome to BP and I would imagine with over 20 years of experience in the flipping world you already have people who would partner with you. Unless the deals went south and bridges have been burned. Assuming that's not the case, then I'd just reach out to them. 

Jeff:

No None of my Deals Ever "went South" & No burned bridges. I used my own capital most the time.. & Never had access to a PI.    First time for everything.. 

Hey  THANKS for the mention in Forum, Got a PI today.. Yeha

Thank You again

Sincerely;

Karen Hurd

This post has been removed.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here