What was the best way you have financed an investment property?

4 Replies

I am just thinking there has to be some good stories out there on how investors got their first investment property. I was chatting with a friend and this topic came up. He jokingly said to sell a kidney for $25,000 and how in 30 years it would make for a fantastic story. Obvisouly this is extreme but I am still curioius and just want to create friendly conversation on this site. I can't wait to read some of the stories!

My first.

I wrote a check for $2,900.00 to a local S & L  That was 2002. Current rent on the house is $600.00

I refinanced a property I bought for cash, and used those funds to by another property (rental) with the same cash, and did it again, and again,...

Nick,

The best way I have financed investment properties was with 100% borrowed money.  Walked away with anywhere between $50k - $90k after the properties were seasoned and refinanced with a cash-out.  The cash-out proceeds were reinvested in buying apartment buildings for more cash-flow.  If appreciation were icing on the cake, I'd take the icing anyday of the week. :0)

Cheers.

Hi Minh, 

How do you get 100% financing? I have some deals I'm working on now.  

Thanks,  

Flexman Johnson 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.