No Cash? How to acquire Rental Properties with No Money Down!

115 Replies

Real Estate Investing has created and built wealth for so many investors over the years. There are so many shows on TV today that discuss flip, flip, flip!!!! YOU can make fast cash when you flip but it would also be nice to build and create future wealth. Do you want to own real estate? Do you want to have a portfolio of rental properties? Do you want to have that future stream of income coming in so you will not have to rely on that day job? If so what is holding you back from making it happen? Often many real estate investors tell me it is the money and they just do not have the necessary funds available to do buy and holds (rental properties).

There are a number of ways to find properties that could be a great buy and hold. If you are willing to do the work the reward can definitely be there!

1. Owner Financing.
Sometimes people will sell their property and finance the sale to the buyer. How can you find deals such as this? Look in the paper or on-line classifieds such as Craigslist and it may just say right in the ad as owner financing available.

2. The Property is listed For Sale and also For Rent.
This shows flexibility with an owner and anytime we see a property for sale and for rent at the same time there is a great possibility they will do owner financing.

3. Sandwich Lease Option.
You may be able to find motivated sellers that are willing to do a lease option. If you find another person willing to lease it from you then you could create a sandwich lease option.

4. Partner
Find a partner that is also interest in having rental properties and partner up with that person. They can put up the cash and you can find the deals. You can work out an arrangement to split the cash flow and profits when the property is eventually sold.

5. Cash Out Refis
Find a local bank that is willing to do no seasoned cash out refis and then find a great deal. You can use hard money, private lending or a partner to get cash to acquire the deal then turn around and refi the property to get the cash out and pay off your cash source.

6. Local Small Banks and Regional Credit Unions
Find a local bank or credit union that wants to get a property off their books. They may be willing to finance the property at 100% if they are motivated enough. Yes, I have had this happen on more than one occasion. 

Make sure with every potential deal that you run the numbers to ensure you have positive cash flow. Just because an owner is willing to finance a deal does not necessarily make it a great deal. Do your due diligence and the numbers will tell you if it is a great deal. The most important thing to remember is you are looking for sellers that are motivated! Motivation = flexibility!  

Good luck with building your real estate portfolio. A real estate empire is built one house at a time.  In the world of real estate you need goals and a system.  Your system could be like 4 flips might equal 1 rental property.  In the board game Monopoly, 5 green houses in 1 large Red Hotel!  Go make it a great day!  Believe and Achieve! :) - Joe  

Brian. I am so confused by your reply to my blog.  You are talking about wholesaling and all the other stuff.  Where in this post did it talk about Wholesaling.  I have found that people are commenting without even reading the blog.  Please go back and read this blog and see how it applies to what you wrote it doesn't apply. Also your long footer at the end of your reply is more of an advertisement like you stated in your reply.  Why not remove your long footer t the end of all your replies to really keep it educational and motivational for other members on this website  

owner financing I think is great also lease option all of the stuff already mentioned furthermore networking and meeting people who just can't care for thier property anymore or just want out of being a land lord such as older couples 

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your post as I have been looking into investment properties and would like to start building a portfolio. I fit exactly what you describe as someone who does not have that extra cash to put down for a property. I do have a question and if you can offer some suggestions as how to make this deal work it would be great. I am interested in a 4-plex and the seller is willing to do financing at a 4% interest but still wants the 20% down which I don't have. I have been looking for lenders (family / friend are out of the picture) but many of them won't do it for various reasons. It become frustration because it's not a huge sum of money and the numbers work. Also as a note, I am Canadian which many times does not seem to matter to lenders as much as other reasons ie: they want 1st lien on the property. Any words of wisdom? - :) Tanya

@Joe J.

You're right, I assumed by scanning and Brian's post. What also threw me was that there was no question at the end, more like a pitch. We have a BP blog section, the forums are for questions.

And, you take Tanya's question too.  

If real estate were only as easy as monopoly.....LOL 

Good luck!  :)

@Joe J.   the reality is you still need money to do these deals..

I think were so many people get sent down the rabbit hole is thinking they can do deals with no money no credit ext.

I have extensive lines of credit and credit facilities with local community banks and they are NOT looking for no money no credit folks. These relationships literally took decades to foster. . they are looking for the opposite so for your investors that have real taxable income and cash yes they can look at community banks.

Folks that want to get into the game in my mind their first thing they should be doing is one get somewhat educated on how RE really works... and then find the money...

Folks like many of us that have decades of experience yes we get no money down deals we get 100% financing from our banks on OREO but we have the three C's ( Capcity Credit and Character)  we are not newbie no money no credit lets get into real estate crowds.

If an investor is successful in another profession and has wherewithal  and wants a career change they stand a chance.. however again the no money no credit folks they should get a job with a top investor and climb up the ladder ... not just flail and fail ...

So like the lady posting about the 4 plex she has done all this work but has no ability to close .. she now realizes that she actually needs capital... she should work hard on the capital side then the deals will be easy.. not find a deal then get disappointed.

I know some say find the deal and the money will find you... well maybe and sometimes but not generally. So most folks just give up, because they never had the training the foundation and the basic tools you need to be a RE investors.. IE CASH  CREDIT and KNOWLEDGE of the industry.

I have done my fair share of owner financed deals. I have done some deals that required little or no money.

Here is my take.

1. It takes a ton of money to do a no money deal. You need to spend $1,000's on marketing monthly and $100,000's to build a portfolio and track record that would allow other people to trust in your ability to pay them back or to make sure your in front of the motivated seller when they are ready to sell.

2. Anyone telling you anything different then number 1 wants to sell you a book, training course or coaching program.

3. The bigger the deal the easier it is to get it owner financed. This does not mean no money down owner financed but rather owner financed with a HUGE chunk of money. Sellers feel more confident in the buyers ability to pay them back when buyer comes to the table with 50k or 60k. Not much separates a tenant and an owner financed buyer who's got 1k to put down.

4. If you do end up in a little to no money down deal your not getting rich off of your cash flow. Your in this deal for the long term play and you likely overpaid. Your terms and sellers price. Just how it works. You dont get great terms AND a great price very often (if ever) & if you do its because you have already handled everything from number 1. Anyone telling you different wants to sell you a book, training program or coaching.

James Wise, Real Estate Agent in OH (#2015001161)
216-661-6633

@James Wise   one of your all time best posts that I have read...

its amazing how when you get more experience more capacity and credit how the deals get better and easier..

the issue is yes what the OP posted can happen just like pumpkins can fall of off a truck.

But its not reality to the masses ... Real Estate is a industry that requires knowledge capital and credit to do more than aquire over priced seller financed deals as you state  LOL.

Originally posted by @Joe J. :

... Also your long footer at the end of your reply is more of an advertisement like you stated in your reply.  Why not remove your long footer t the end of all your replies to really keep it educational and motivational for other members on this website  

The footer as you referred to it is more commonly called the user's signature here on BP. You will find that until users have contributed a certain number of posts, they will not have their signature displayed. You will find that paid members will have their signature displayed without having to produce as many posts (a privilege the site bestows upon paying members). You will also find that some users get to have their company logo displayed in the signature. You might be surprised that viewers of the site that are not logged in as members do not see the signature;  try it yourself. 

This site allows those who pay for membership to benefit by advertising, some of which is only visible to other members. Whether you agree with that policy or not, it is what the site's operators wish.  So those who pay would be foolish to not take advantage of that benefit of a paid membership. 

Many newbies get on here and start by saying they have a great deal, (there must be a big sign in the yard with a moving arrow pointing at the house saying "great deal!" because they really can't identify a great deal). 

Newbies also get emotional starting out (I WANT a deal) that if a seller talks to them, they really NEED that deal. When we can't see the purchase price or the down required, the FMV or ARV, the terms contemplated, rents and occupancy, there is nothing to work with. Nothing but speculation in a fantasy.

100% Seller financing isn't really "investing" but it's "operating", most on BP are operators, not investors. Making promises, moving assets around, solving a problem really isn't investing, it's managing, being an entrepreneur not investing. 

If you have no money or very little, your thinking needs to change from structuring a transaction as if you were plunking down cash to a transaction that solves the seller's problems in a beneficial manner for them. Often, the problem or at least a tipping point to obtain more in seller financing is the tax angle. 

Identify the problem and solve it, if there appears to be no problem, create one! 

I don't mean cause trouble for an owner, but to educate or inform them of issues that may arise after they sell for cash or taking a chunk down, like taxes, or it could be from a medicare stand point if they are older or it could be an estate planning matter or the cost of administration of real estate in a trust, what happens to the owner's ability to depreciate a property and what happens to tax advantages over time? An active landlord, where is he as to his earned income? Can a note exceed his current cap rate, he won't be paying FICA now will he, just regular income rates and only the gain as it's received.  

In other words, there is more to business in real estate than just real estate strategies or some step by step guru system. Join the real world, get educated in what you are trying to do as an entrepreneur. :)  

This post is to help inspire others of the possibilities out there.  As I read through replies there seems to be a very negative critical tone.  Not sure why people want to be critical? Reminds me of the bully on the playground that doesn't like when the bully doesn't get all the attention form the other kids.  I have done many deals and depending on your local market others can too.  Are there portfolio lenders lending where you refinance you have nothing in the house? -  YES  Are there small local banks will to finance 100% REOs - Yes. What I share is not available in every market and in every state.  However, it is out there.  I have met thousands of real estate investors all over the country and many are doing creative deals.  Why not be more positive and share creative ideas?  Often people want to criticize or seem to enjoy creating an argument.  If this is the case, I am  not sure what the website is about.   

@Joe J.   I think part of the Benefit of BP is its not just a rah rah session.

and there is certain realities to the business.. what you state is true those things can happen and do happen. my point is they RARELY if ever happen to a raw beginner with no RE skills no money and No credit...

And this is what the companies that sell these dreams lead with.. and suck people into blowing huge dollars on dreams.

RE is all I have ever done and ever known.. so I have seen it all like you have... and I just don't recall many no credit no money folks jumping into the game and succeeding to any great level.. I have bailed many of them out over the years when some guru gave them a model that turned out to get them in deep kimchee with regulators. Especially those that have no money and get into sandwhich leases or sub too some of those folks I literally kept out of Jail.. those are NOT appropriate for beginner investors in my mind or those that are not very well cashed up.. the margin of error is so slim... to the point I would suggest they should be heavily regulated same with sub too this should be regulated like Dodd Frank has regulated sub prime.. same thing disaster waiting to happen to those with little reserves and not much experience.

So its just point counter point... no one is trying to be negative about the business or being a bully or anything. just a does of reality for the no money no credit crowd.

The part that makes me queasy is the marketing of "no money down" strategies to people who have no money to spare. Most controlling interest, especially owning RE, requires a sizable cash cushion. If you don't have it, you get blown out of the water at the first sign of unforeseen headwind, ie repairs,law suits, vacancies, etc. 

@James Wise , @Jay Hinrichs and @Bill Gulley this was really great advice for newbies if I could have voted twice I would have.

@Joe J. I think you will find that there is healthy dose of skepticism and realism here on BP.  BIll's post also gave some good advice on how to view it and maybe move forward.  In terms of having met lots of people who did it you are correct there are a lot of people who did it.  However, like with any I started with nothing and did it and you can too story the numbers are not in your favor if you think you are the next one of those. As a CPA I am sure you like numbers as much as I do. If let's say 5,000 people a year try and do what you described without a lot of assets or background well in five years you will have 25K people who tried and maybe 1K that do well. Adjust these numbers for success rates and its the same with any start with nothing type of system. So the fact that there are successes does not mean its one of those just work with the system and you will be fine type of things. Some of those will be luck and some will just be really really tenacious and/or really really good. That is not to say that the tools you mentioned should not be in people's toolbox or it is not good to know but more than they should also know that it will be very hard and that there may be other options they should consider such as working with another investors, build up a team of contractors or becoming a RE agent first to learn.

What I think most people are speaking to here are more all the people who think they are just going to go out there find the perfect deal and close without having to put any money in, build up a reputation and build a large amount of expertise, fix their credit etc. AND not have it be a JOB. We see these people all the time and its a shame because they spend money they do not have (it does cost something to find these, DD, get knowledge etc.) in hopes that will do something that in reality is very hard (but your right not impossible) to pull off successfully. 

Threshold question that I have not really been able get over on the zero down stuff, based on common sense and being a landlord a decade (and also meeting many people in the business).

Q: If a person does not have the personal and financial management skills to come up with  a modest down payment (be it 5% or 20%), what are the odds they will have the personal management and financial skills to make their investment a success (maintaining the property, tenant relationships, all the bills, contractors, etc.)...

A: For me, the odds are very slim that someone who has not yet been able to develop these skills and habits (and credit) will be a success. There may be exceptions. But on average, it is just like with a rental and tenant screening, the first month rent and deposit is one of the screening mechanisms, proving they have some ability to pay the rent... (if they can't pay month one, paying for the whole lease is unlikely). In the buyer context, if someone can't pay a standard down payment, what are the odds they will make all the payments down the road (in a bad month, with  a repair, with a job issue, or vacancy). Slim..

"No money down" is a great idea. It might work in very limited areas and be a function of a dead market where sellers are desperate to unload their properties. It is a great catchy title. It will suck in lots of new investors with no money, no idea how to get started, and no idea where they intend to end up. BP offers LOTS of great advice from knowledgeable posters. Refer to all the "wholesaling" threads and posters stating they have no money. All the cheerleaders for that tactic suck in everyone with no cash building their hopes of building wealth. Often the posters fail to mention material facts and make it all sound easy. We will all be rich in a year!  In reality, posting all these "no money down" posts and pitching it in seminars, paid training...whatever...is a disservice to many people that believe in fairy tales. How many of them succeed? How many end up with 5,10,20 cash flowing properties within a year or two? Anyone promoting these ideas need to offer SPECIFIC advice...give ACTAUL examples of recent transactions (with an address to prove it is not BS), and be willing to help people that drink their Kookaid. Sure no money down deals do happen...but how many SUCCESSFUL investors can YOU name that have done so in a market like this since 2012?  Teaching reality rather than false hopes will help potential investors understand, make goals, and develop plans for success rather than focusing on tactics that won't work for them. I am not saying no money down deals don't exist...but in reality that is a very very small segment of any market and often comes with challenges not faced by investors willing to put in cash. Usually, when something is too good to be true...it is.

John Thedford, Real Estate Agent in FL (#BK3098153)
239-200-5600

@Charles Worth

Well said! Jay is on target too.

@Joe J.

What you may sense as bullies on the playground is actually keeping the other kids safe from predators, not saying you're a predatory! There are a few lions in the den that can protect the cubs. 

Gurus, authors and coaches have come and gone from BP, only time will tell if this site is good for you, but I can tell you it can be very good.

My BS Meter went off on your first post, I also explained that, but it still went off. It yelled at me "coach" or "author" or "guru", it's the style of the hype, the presentation that always gives them away. Exciting stuff, let me share this with you, exotic strategies presented as if they are applicable to any deal, any time, with no or little money........it's the bait we see.

And, no surprise, I just now visited your profile, low and behold, you're a coach and author of real estate books........guess I was right.

Now, that isn't a bad thing at all, I also see you're a CPA, excellent!  

Hopefully, you will establish your presence on BP by giving good answers to questions in the forums. Pumping under the radar marketing with overly positive cheer leading doesn't work that well here because there are those of us who bring "students" into the reality of real estate for them to learn. Hype, fluffing and puffing, embellishments with assumptions just don't work well as they are usually a marketing ploy. You can market all you want to in the marketplace, BTW, upgrade and join your peers.

I don't have any problem with the strategies you listed, but I do agree with others that they are not always appropriate nor are they very well taught in most cases. 

Welcome to BP, Joe, but just earn your "badges" like everyone else, one post at a time. You probably can't reach a greater audience, by the numbers or by the quality of the membership, a little respect for them goes a long way. Just saying, don't let marketing activities be the guiding light here, teach and you'll be rewarded. Good luck :)    

I am amazed at some of the negative people on this website during my short time here.  Negative People, office politics - that is why I am so happy to be RETIRED from corporate America politics.   Several people often respond to a Blog posting without even reading the entire Blog post.  It almost seems like a canned answer they give just to get more credit for posting points.  This current Blog post is a great example.  No where in this post did I speak about wholesaling but one of the first person to respond discussed wholesaling.  Did they even read what I actually wrote? 

Also, several people have accused my Blogs of being a sales pitch but yet they have sales pitches in their footers that they paid a small membership to have.  Newsflash - if I wanted to sell something, I would of paid the same few hundred bucks to do it too. I AM NOT HERE TO SELL ANYTHING!

Many of you probably have real estate clubs that you offer training or try to bring in guests every week to sell something. I get it you take this website as your territory and don't like new people like myself coming in and offering FREE Information to help Newbies!  All I have provided in my posts is good information and encouragement.  Many real estate investors lack confidence!  Many unsuccessful real estate investors need the confidence to go out there and JUST DO IT!   

Also, not one of you Critical and Negative "Expert Investors" have offered FREE additional ideas in this Blog post to help people for FREE!   Why not add more FREE information then just post sharp tongued negative comments and make accusations "like he's making a sales pitch" with no reasonable basis to support this theory? 

Hey, how about the concept of the no seasoned mortgages by small portfolio banks which is a great tool!  Have any of you Negative Critics done no seasoned mortgages and cash-out mortgages.  I know you must have so why not offer information and encouragement on this Blog post to help others do it too? 

If I buy a house for all cash and rehab with all cash and a bank that is a portfolio lender offers a no seasoned mortgage where I take cash out and I end up with all my cash back, that was a no money down deal for me.  I have done this for years and showed many others how to do it too! Not a sales pitch just a fact to give people encouragement.  

TO THE NEGATIVE SHARPED TONGUE PEOPLE ON HERE - YOU DON'T KNOW ME! - What I can tell you is I am a Christian and I help people and I give back.  I spent many years in not-for-profit accounting helping children, the disabled and the elderly.  Yes I was a Chief Financial Officer for several organizations.  CFOs in NFP accounting make far less money but it was more about the mission of helping people not about making money!  

I believe if you help people it makes the world a better place. I have also flown or driven to various cities at all my own expense for friends to guest speak at an REI Club Meeting. I might add, I never expected payment, did not get money for travel expenses and I spoke with the intent of never having a sales pitch like I have seen at so many of these REI clubs.

I went to speak to give back, not to pitch a program or sell a book like I have seen several people on this string doing.  People on here say Lions protecting cubs? Right, what if the Lion protecting the cubs is Scar from Lion King?

I am a young and retired CPA and 100 percent full time investor.  I have had many people encourage me to share information with others.  One colleague told me about this website.  Thought it was helpful to share knowledge and inspiration, however I have found out otherwise. 

In regards to writing books, yes I have written several books and you know what they were written to give away for FREE! I never have charged for a book!  I have also ghost written real estate books for FREE!  Why you ask?  TO GIVE BACK!

It seems like there is a "good old boys network" here and what a shame.  I am a seasoned investor that just wanted to give back and help people through providing information and inspiration.  Maybe even write a few things that teach but are also fun to read. 

Just for the record, I have been ripped off by dishonest contractors and I have had tenants damage rental units and lie to my face.  However, I still remain positive and want to help others even though there has been negative things that have happened in my real estate investing career and my life. HAVE FAITH and be positive in life.  LIFE IS TOO SHORT! GET A LIFE!

You are chasing away people, like me, away from this website for no good reason.  Is that really what the website is about?  Having a few people try to control what they people want to write?  Having a few people try to GUESS or stay up late at night wondering what is his agenda or why is this Joe or other new members here?  

What about commenting or just thinking to your self - "isn't it great to have someone new that might just care about helping people or sharing FREE information, ideas and inspiration? It should be, unless my FREE information is not welcomed here because others can't sell their information?  No that must not be it.

GO MAKE IT A GREAT DAY! BELIEVE AND ACHIEVE! :) - Joe Jurek CPA 

Originally posted by @Joe J. :

I am amazed at some of the negative people on this website during my short time here. Negative People, office politics - that is why I am so happy to be RETIRED from corporate America politics.   Several people often respond to a Blog posting without even reading the entire Blog post.  It almost seems like a canned answer they give just to get more credit for posting points.  This current Blog post is a great example.  No where in this post did I speak about wholesaling but one of the first person to respond discussed wholesaling.  Did they even read what I actually wrote? 

Also, several people have accused my Blogs of being a sales pitch but yet they have sales pitches in their footers that they paid a small membership to have.  Newsflash - if I wanted to sell something, I would of paid the same few hundred bucks to do it too. I AM NOT HERE TO SELL ANYTHING!

Many of you probably have real estate clubs that you offer training or try to bring in guests every week to sell something. I get it you take this website as your territory and don't like new people like myself coming in and offering FREE Information to help Newbies!  All I have provided in my posts is good information and encouragement.  Many real estate investors lack confidence!  Many unsuccessful real estate investors need the confidence to go out there and JUST DO IT!   

Also, not one of you Critical and Negative "Expert Investors" have offered FREE additional ideas in this Blog post to help people for FREE!   Why not add more FREE information then just post sharp tongued negative comments and make accusations "like he's making a sales pitch" with no reasonable basis to support this theory? 

Hey, how about the concept of the no seasoned mortgages by small portfolio banks which is a great tool!  Have any of you Negative Critics done no seasoned mortgages and cash-out mortgages.  I know you must have so why not offer information and encouragement on this Blog post to help others do it too? 

If I buy a house for all cash and rehab with all cash and a bank that is a portfolio lender offers a no seasoned mortgage where I take cash out and I end up with all my cash back, that was a no money down deal for me.  I have done this for years and showed many others how to do it too! Not a sales pitch just a fact to give people encouragement.  

TO THE NEGATIVE SHARPED TONGUE PEOPLE ON HERE - YOU DON'T KNOW ME! - What I can tell you is I am a Christian and I help people and I give back.  I spent many years in not-for-profit accounting helping children, the disabled and the elderly.  Yes I was a Chief Financial Officer for several organizations.  CFOs in NFP accounting make far less money but it was more about the mission of helping people not about making money!  

I believe if you help people it makes the world a better place. I have also flown or driven to various cities at all my own expense for friends to guest speak at an REI Club Meeting. I might add, I never expected payment, did not get money for travel expenses and I spoke with the intent of never having a sales pitch like I have seen at so many of these REI clubs.

I went to speak to give back, not to pitch a program or sell a book like I have seen several people on this string doing.  People on here say Lions protecting cubs? Right, what if the Lion protecting the cubs is Scar from Lion King?

I am a young and retired CPA and 100 percent full time investor.  I have had many people encourage me to share information with others.  One colleague told me about this website.  Thought it was helpful to share knowledge and inspiration, however I have found out otherwise. 

In regards to writing books, yes I have written several books and you know what they were written to give away for FREE! I never have charged for a book!  I have also ghost written real estate books for FREE!  Why you ask?  TO GIVE BACK!

It seems like there is a "good old boys network" here and what a shame.  I am a seasoned investor that just wanted to give back and help people through providing information and inspiration.  Maybe even write a few things that teach but are also fun to read. 

Just for the record, I have been ripped off by dishonest contractors and I have had tenants damage rental units and lie to my face.  However, I still remain positive and want to help others do to many negative things that have happened in my real estate investing and my life. HAVE FAITH and be positive in life.  LIFE IS TOO SHORT! GET A LIFE!

You are chasing away people like me away from this website for no good reason.  Is that really what the website is about?  Having a few people try to control what people want to write?  Having a few people try to GUESS why is this Joe Jurek here? 

What about commenting or just thinking to your self - "isn't it great to have someone new that might just care about helping people or sharing FREE information, ideas and inspiration? It should be, unless my FREE information is not welcomed here because others can't sell their information?  No that must not be it.

GO MAKE IT A GREAT DAY! BELIEVE AND ACHIEVE! :) - Joe Jurek CPA 

Posting blogs in the forums is going to immediately set off  red flags for all the serious bpers especially a no money down sales " blog" in a "forum", not the appropriate place.  

I've been to my share of guru seminars and boot camps and your blog seemed very much like one of them. 

A google of your name brings up videos of you and I assume your wife standing in front of a Cadillac, in what appears to be trainings or sales pitches for *************, the no money down guru of gurus.

You may be a Christian and do a lot for Charity, but i suspect most people here would rather do business with an honest athiest than with a Christian they dont trust. 

You will get a lot more respect here If you post you blogs in the blog section and answer or post questions in the forums.

Beating up on some of the brightest most successful investors in the country who have build a reputation of helping investors on bigger pockets for years, is not helping your case either. 

We welcome new people and new idea here. You will be very welcome by everyone, if you actually look up the questions people have and answer them, there are hundreds to choose from, with your experience you should be able to do that and build a solid reputation here.

Welcome to the site.

(330) 432-6927

@Joe J.

I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt for a bit, but you obviously did not read the posts from Bill Gulley and some others who thoughtfully responded with more nuance after your 2nd post.  You are now doing the same "not reading" that you accuse (in some cases with justification) others of doing.  As Bill said, this is not the Blog section. Someone else explained the signature thing.  It sounds like you have some valuable experience and we'd like to hear more about it in answer to other peoples questions on the forum or in actual Blog posts.  I've been ripped by some folks and I've given my share of grief to other posters and been chastised for it, but we have a good open dialogue here most of the time.  Hang in there.

@Joe J. has an astounding 19k posts. You honestly think that through the combined 29,000 posts these guys haven't added value? Come on man...

Heck just the other day I made a post asking a question about my growing business and Bill offered excellent advice. 

The key to success here is to answer questions other people have and use your niche knowledge to continuously provide actionable and valuable information. You can measure your success in this regard by looking at your "vote to post" ratio. The guys with high votes compared to their posts are obviously offering the highest valued information.

Just my two cents. Cheers!

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.