• Real Estate Investor
  • Sandy, OR
Votes |
Seek Capital LLC BEWARE!!

Matt Good
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Sandy, OR
Posted Oct 20 2015, 10:14

I'm just creating a search engine trail with this post. :-)

I originally requested $20-25,000 in funding preferably cash. When I spoke with Carl (Bernie) Garland he said that they could probably get me twice as much with half in cash capabilities. I said perfect! Bear in mind that these are business/personal credit cards and I made him explain to me how they'd help me pull cash with no fees. I took his word for it and proceeded. Here's the issue, I have two mortgages and one is from my previous marriage. This is impacting my debt to income (DTI) ratio and I already knew that prior to contacting Seek Capital LLC. I've been turned down elsewhere prior so I took a chance with them as a last resort. I made it clear to Bernie after his underwriting team approved me based solely on my credit score (which is greater than 730) that I had two mortgages and he made it clear to me that his "professional" underwriters shouldn't have an issue. Two months goes by (not fast service which they advertise) and I begin to receive declined credit card inquires in my mail including one even stating "no third party applicants please apply on your own" so now I'm skeptical ESPECIALLY when I'm assured by Bernie that Seek has a "GREAT relationship" with these lenders. Seek did however manage to aquire one $14,000 personal credit card. Gabe Feldman contacted me saying that they've done all that they can do and that they need to bill me for 11.99% of $14,000 which amounts to $1,678.60 I'm using the business start up capital for Real Estate investing so there's not a whole lot that I can do with a $14,000 credit card less the $1,678.60 that I owe them. Other expenses that I've incurred are 2 1/2 months worth of credit monitoring through Score Sense at $40 per bill and a 23% APR personal loan of $2,800 to absorb a balance that I already owe on another credit card which was at a 0% introductory APR for another 6 months so now I have toxic debt thanks to their underwriters. My advise is this, if you use their services can you really feel confident in anything that they say? I mean, that's why I stayed the course with them! If you've got the credit and a fair understanding of how it all works, GO IT ALONE!! You don't need a third party applying for you. Especially one that can't deliver what they assure you.

Loading replies...