Seek Capital LLC BEWARE!!

Seek Capital LLC BEWARE!!

Real Estate Investor · Sandy, OR · Member since 2014 · 113 posts · 16 votes

I'm just creating a search engine trail with this post. :-)

I originally requested $20-25,000 in funding preferably cash. When I spoke with Carl (Bernie) Garland he said that they could probably get me twice as much with half in cash capabilities. I said perfect! Bear in mind that these are business/personal credit cards and I made him explain to me how they'd help me pull cash with no fees. I took his word for it and proceeded. Here's the issue, I have two mortgages and one is from my previous marriage. This is impacting my debt to income (DTI) ratio and I already knew that prior to contacting Seek Capital LLC. I've been turned down elsewhere prior so I took a chance with them as a last resort. I made it clear to Bernie after his underwriting team approved me based solely on my credit score (which is greater than 730) that I had two mortgages and he made it clear to me that his "professional" underwriters shouldn't have an issue. Two months goes by (not fast service which they advertise) and I begin to receive declined credit card inquires in my mail including one even stating "no third party applicants please apply on your own" so now I'm skeptical ESPECIALLY when I'm assured by Bernie that Seek has a "GREAT relationship" with these lenders. Seek did however manage to aquire one $14,000 personal credit card. Gabe Feldman contacted me saying that they've done all that they can do and that they need to bill me for 11.99% of $14,000 which amounts to $1,678.60 I'm using the business start up capital for Real Estate investing so there's not a whole lot that I can do with a $14,000 credit card less the $1,678.60 that I owe them. Other expenses that I've incurred are 2 1/2 months worth of credit monitoring through Score Sense at $40 per bill and a 23% APR personal loan of $2,800 to absorb a balance that I already owe on another credit card which was at a 0% introductory APR for another 6 months so now I have toxic debt thanks to their underwriters. My advise is this, if you use their services can you really feel confident in anything that they say? I mean, that's why I stayed the course with them! If you've got the credit and a fair understanding of how it all works, GO IT ALONE!! You don't need a third party applying for you. Especially one that can't deliver what they assure you.

4Reply
199 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Enterprise, AL · Member since 2019 · 137 posts · 85 votes
7y

Hey BPs,

I know this is an old post, but I will be posting a new thread too. Do NOT use Seek Capital. They do NOT partner with banks and they do NOT do anything but fill out credit card applications. You can do this yourself. My wife and I were OK with their fees because we were lead to believe that they worked with certain banks to maximize credit card lines to get their clients the amount they requested. We were told initially our excellent credit would get us our requested amount across 2 personal cards and 2 business cards. In addition, they told us they provide a liquidation service so you could pull out up to 90% of the limit. They provide NO service. They give you Liquidation Instructions for you to do it yourself. So what exactly did we pay for? We paid to have someone cut and paste our information into online credit card applications (they applied for 10 cards in total), and then to have instructions on how to liquidate our funds emailed to us. Which we have still yet to receive. 

You will pay:

1) $495 Fee

2) 10% of approved amount

3) 3% of liquidated amount

We read every word of everything we signed, and knew the fee structure. It was explained to us that the they would work with the banks they "partnered" with us to get us to our requested amount. They also misled us to believe they would be able to liquidate all of the credit lines to provide us the lump sum we requested. NOT TRUE. Instead, they racked up 10 hard inquiries on our credit doing something we could have done ourselves (filling out online credit card application forms). We only agreed to the ridiculously high fees because we wanted to establish business credit for new LLC and were told we could get the lump sum in our account in 2 weeks or less. LIES.

In the end, technically they did everything they said they were going to do, but not in the way they said they would do it. This was a 10k and 50 point hit to the credit lesson I do not want anyone else trying start a business in REI.

Seek Capital or Seek Business Capital is a SCAM BEWARE!!!!!

See this reply in the discussion

31 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Fairmont, MN · Member since 2017 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Matt, thank you for your post.  I am a new member to BP, so not sure how much clout I have.  Just yesterday I had the same conversation with Jessica LaRusso at Seek Capital and they also offered me lines of credit through un-secured credit cards, offering 0% interest for 12-18 months.  I received a call from them after signing up for lending through Connected Inventors (I know there's mixed feelings about them).  Needless to say after reading reviews on here, and other forums, I became skeptical.  I'm not as far in the process as you were, but I did end up calling and emailing her to cancel any transactions and inquiries.  I have a secured line of credit at my local bank, and for my first deal, I think that is a good way to start - with someone you know and is local.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Enterprise, AL · Member since 2019 · 137 posts · 85 votes
    7y

    Hey BPs,

    I know this is an old post, but I will be posting a new thread too. Do NOT use Seek Capital. They do NOT partner with banks and they do NOT do anything but fill out credit card applications. You can do this yourself. My wife and I were OK with their fees because we were lead to believe that they worked with certain banks to maximize credit card lines to get their clients the amount they requested. We were told initially our excellent credit would get us our requested amount across 2 personal cards and 2 business cards. In addition, they told us they provide a liquidation service so you could pull out up to 90% of the limit. They provide NO service. They give you Liquidation Instructions for you to do it yourself. So what exactly did we pay for? We paid to have someone cut and paste our information into online credit card applications (they applied for 10 cards in total), and then to have instructions on how to liquidate our funds emailed to us. Which we have still yet to receive. 

    You will pay:

    1) $495 Fee

    2) 10% of approved amount

    3) 3% of liquidated amount

    We read every word of everything we signed, and knew the fee structure. It was explained to us that the they would work with the banks they "partnered" with us to get us to our requested amount. They also misled us to believe they would be able to liquidate all of the credit lines to provide us the lump sum we requested. NOT TRUE. Instead, they racked up 10 hard inquiries on our credit doing something we could have done ourselves (filling out online credit card application forms). We only agreed to the ridiculously high fees because we wanted to establish business credit for new LLC and were told we could get the lump sum in our account in 2 weeks or less. LIES.

    In the end, technically they did everything they said they were going to do, but not in the way they said they would do it. This was a 10k and 50 point hit to the credit lesson I do not want anyone else trying start a business in REI.

    Seek Capital or Seek Business Capital is a SCAM BEWARE!!!!!

  • New Orleans, LA · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    I just got taken in by this. I did a cursory internet search when they contacted me and the relatively high ratings and apparently legitimate business structure made me unwary of them being dishonest. I looked at their fees and thought OK I would pay more for a hard money loan anyway and could use the help to get funding. here I am with a bunch of crappy consumer credit cards flying out to a house I don't even live at. I am filling a complaint with the BBB because this is unacceptable, they arent even operating as a legit business. 

  • New Orleans, LA · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    Sorry to resurrect an old thread but just to add my experiences- I feel so betrayed and scammed and like a fool despite having the same though process as Heath Jones did

  • Real Estate Investor · Burlington, VT · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    There's absolutely no reason to use a company to apply for credit cards for you, and pay a fee.  And not a pressing reason to pay for credit monitoring services.  There are plenty of free services like Credit Karma or Chase Credit Journey to notify you of a change or inquiry on your credit.  My 2 cents...

  • Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    BEWARE of the company. Sadly, I didn't see the negative reviews until it was too late. I was coerced in to signing an acknowledgement contract, after they threatened to send a the $995 cancelation fee, even though I never signed the original acknowledgment letter, ON TOP OF THE $795 application fee.

    I am currently pursing a civil suite against them, have file a complaint on every single platform I can find. PREDATORY business practices, truly shameful.

  • Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    This is in regards to a company call Seek Business Capital LLC license #201508210254, located in California. The company LLC status is currently FTB SUSPENDED, since 4/12/2019. BEWARE of this company. Predatory bait-and-switch tactics. Threatened to send $795 application fee and $995 cancelation fee to collections if not paid within 10 days. If you paid this company money on or after 4/12/2019, get yourself a lawyer.

    According to the secretary of State in California, if your business is suspended in the State of California, "You cannot: Legally do business. Sell, transfer, or exchange real property. File with an automatic extension. File a claim for refund.

    Start or continue a protest. Legally close or dissolve your business. Bring an action or defend your business in court. File or maintain an appeal before the Office of Tax Appeals. Maintain the right to use your business name. Secretary of State (SOS) will deny your revivor request if the entity name is no longer available. SOS will require your business to choose a new name

    Retain tax-exempt status. We revoke an organization’s tax-exempt status as of the suspension date."

    In addition, "Contract voidability: If you enter into any contracts while you are not in good standing, the other party can void the contract. Unless you apply for, and we grant relief, your business contracts remain: Voidable and Unenforceable."

  • Member since 2021 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Elyse Anne:

    This is in regards to a company call Seek Business Capital LLC license #201508210254, located in California. The company LLC status is currently FTB SUSPENDED, since 4/12/2019. BEWARE of this company. Predatory bait-and-switch tactics. Threatened to send $795 application fee and $995 cancelation fee to collections if not paid within 10 days. If you paid this company money on or after 4/12/2019, get yourself a lawyer.

    According to the secretary of State in California, if your business is suspended in the State of California, "You cannot: Legally do business. Sell, transfer, or exchange real property. File with an automatic extension. File a claim for refund.

    Start or continue a protest. Legally close or dissolve your business. Bring an action or defend your business in court. File or maintain an appeal before the Office of Tax Appeals. Maintain the right to use your business name. Secretary of State (SOS) will deny your revivor request if the entity name is no longer available. SOS will require your business to choose a new name

    Retain tax-exempt status. We revoke an organization’s tax-exempt status as of the suspension date."

    In addition, "Contract voidability: If you enter into any contracts while you are not in good standing, the other party can void the contract. Unless you apply for, and we grant relief, your business contracts remain: Voidable and Unenforceable."

     OMG THANK YOU THIS IS HELPFUL ALSO, the top left hand corner of that agreement says “valid until” - does this mean anything done after that date was done without consent?

  • New Orleans, LA · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    Just a note- I confronted them with their suspended license multiple times and the squirrely agents sent me a new business license that they have in -  I believe Delaware? They claim that the suspended license is for their "loan deparment" and since they dont OFFER loans anymore it doesn't matter that it lapsed.  I have yet to confirm if it's legit because the license details are behind a paywall.  Has anyone ever actually been sent to collections by them? I haven't paid. They keep calling (refuse to  email) and "tacking on fees" and then begging to call back to we can "settle". 

  • Member since 2021 · 1 post · 1 vote
    5y

    Definitely crooks. I too, have been receiving phone calls saying they are going to send me to collections for not paying the cancelation fee of $975. I specifically asked in the beginning of the process if it was a line of credit, cash or personal credit cards. They told me a line of credit. So we proceeded. They then told me after I was approved (which is when the cancelation fee takes effect) that it was personal credit cards. This was a year ago. They continue to call and make threats. 

  • Member since 2022 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y

    I was scammed by seek capital, did you all have any luck going to court with them. They said you signed contract and you will be liable for all legal fees. I am starting a small business and I called them desperately as I needed funds but now they are charging me 10K for my own credit cards. Any help or suggestions or attorney guidance is appreciated!

  • Investor · 15136 · Member since 2021 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    3y

    Just wanted to say thanks for all that posted their experiences on here.  I am currently looking for a start up line of credit for my flipping business and clicked on their ad through Facebook.

    Started off sounding good with them getting me a line of credit but then switched to them  applying for credit cards with "Partners" during the initial conversation.   I was able to search and find this thread while on the phone and just told them I wasn't interested.  

    There are several of these type of "Services" popping up all over my FacefBook now.  My advise is ask questions and be cautious if a company is trying to charge you 10% on whatever "'funding" they get you as they will just apply for 10 business credit cards with your information and then you owe them 10% of the limits. 

  • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 0 votes
    2y

    Seek Capital LLC. BEWARE!!!

    Tony Crews

             I was actually in the process of using these guys. Joe seemed to be a nice guy, but during the signing of paperwork. We noticed that they intended to charge us for services for a start up business and some of these charges were duplicated. They told us that they would remove the charges. But after following the advice of our accountant. We looked this group up. They have numerous complaints for overcharging their clients. For not performing the services that they are over charging for. And for other reasons that makes it clear that we are the next intended victims of this group. Today is October 11, 2023   This is a image of Joe Kilduff  Senior Funding Advisor  SeekCaptial. He and his business do not have my permission to use my name, social security number, or other information. If they attempt to it is identity theft. These people are still currently contacting me. And I am advised to report it to Law Enforcement as a crime. 

    I did look this group up and immediately put a fraud alert and security freeze on my accounts. These people are not to be trusted. They pretend like the overcharges are a mistake on my part, but we did not agree to any of those extra charges and it was in the thousands of dollars. We are a small business struggling in today economy and we needed money to make sure we can make pay roll. Dealing with this group, we will probably end up having to close our business. Because they are not who they claim. They are not going to do what they said. And they do intend to overcharge us like everyone else they said was a mistake. I regret ever dealing with this business. And seriously want to report my identity being stolen by them. I've already employed lifelock because I am also sure from reading these other complaints that this group[ is still planning to scam me.

  • Member since 2019 · 151 posts · 20 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Brad Diggans:

    Just wanted to say thanks for all that posted their experiences on here.  I am currently looking for a start up line of credit for my flipping business and clicked on their ad through Facebook.

    Started off sounding good with them getting me a line of credit but then switched to them  applying for credit cards with "Partners" during the initial conversation.   I was able to search and find this thread while on the phone and just told them I wasn't interested.  

    There are several of these type of "Services" popping up all over my FacefBook now.  My advise is ask questions and be cautious if a company is trying to charge you 10% on whatever "'funding" they get you as they will just apply for 10 business credit cards with your information and then you owe them 10% of the limits. 


     any information on fund and grow?

  • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 0 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Lianna Mae Smith:

    Just a note- I confronted them with their suspended license multiple times and the squirrely agents sent me a new business license that they have in -  I believe Delaware? They claim that the suspended license is for their "loan deparment" and since they dont OFFER loans anymore it doesn't matter that it lapsed.  I have yet to confirm if it's legit because the license details are behind a paywall.  Has anyone ever actually been sent to collections by them? I haven't paid. They keep calling (refuse to  email) and "tacking on fees" and then begging to call back to we can "settle". 


     I got scammed by this company few days, ago. They wont explain detailes or if there cancelation fee, they told to skeep pages just put initials cause their read everything outloud but not the specific of cancelation fee or that loan will be in hundreds small credit cards, and ill get hundred inquiries, does they actually send anyone to collection? I put alert for id fraud cause i feel they fraud me, and will take advantage in future of me too, so i froze all my credit agencies.

  • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 0 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Daniel R Shepherd:

    Definitely crooks. I too, have been receiving phone calls saying they are going to send me to collections for not paying the cancelation fee of $975. I specifically asked in the beginning of the process if it was a line of credit, cash or personal credit cards. They told me a line of credit. So we proceeded. They then told me after I was approved (which is when the cancelation fee takes effect) that it was personal credit cards. This was a year ago. They continue to call and make threats. 


     Did they ever send you to collections? Or take you to court?

  • Member since 2024 · 1 post · 0 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Reva Singh Chauhan:

    I was scammed by seek capital, did you all have any luck going to court with them. They said you signed contract and you will be liable for all legal fees. I am starting a small business and I called them desperately as I needed funds but now they are charging me 10K for my own credit cards. Any help or suggestions or attorney guidance is appreciated!


    Hi Reva, did you ever pa them? how did this end for you? I am in a similar trap. Any suggestions?
  • Member since 2024 · 1 post · 0 votes
    2y

    Has Seek Capital ever sent anyone to collections ?

  • New Orleans, LA · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 8 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jeremy Bennett:

    Has Seek Capital ever sent anyone to collections ?


     Not me so far. But they broke contract with me by attempting to get my credit lines increased after I specifically declined it on the contract signed 

  • Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    2y

    I am using seeking capital now I’ll let you know how things turn out in the future with seek business capital.

  • Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    2y

    i’m looking up for startup capital for my new real estate business. If anybody on the bigger pockets community knows anybody let me know.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Evergreen, CO · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 734 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Brad Diggans:

    Just wanted to say thanks for all that posted their experiences on here.  I am currently looking for a start up line of credit for my flipping business and clicked on their ad through Facebook.

    Started off sounding good with them getting me a line of credit but then switched to them  applying for credit cards with "Partners" during the initial conversation.   I was able to search and find this thread while on the phone and just told them I wasn't interested.  

    There are several of these type of "Services" popping up all over my FacefBook now.  My advise is ask questions and be cautious if a company is trying to charge you 10% on whatever "'funding" they get you as they will just apply for 10 business credit cards with your information and then you owe them 10% of the limits. 


     Seek has been doing this for years. One of 100's I'm afraid. Time to Bad Blood some of these "lenders" and "gurus". 

  • Member since 2024 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Lianna Mae Smith:
    Quote from @Jeremy Bennett:

    Has Seek Capital ever sent anyone to collections ?


     Not me so far. But they broke contract with me by attempting to get my credit lines increased after I specifically declined it on the contract signed 


     How long ago was that?

    • New Orleans, LA · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 8 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Jake Deutsch:
      Quote from @Lianna Mae Smith:
      Quote from @Jeremy Bennett:

      Has Seek Capital ever sent anyone to collections ?


       Not me so far. But they broke contract with me by attempting to get my credit lines increased after I specifically declined it on the contract signed 


       How long ago was that?


       Sometime between the past few years they gave my phone number to a "debt collector" (possibly just another arm of their company- lol) probably tried to send me a threatening letter, and also calling me. Since they are being sued by FTC now I assume they need some funds. 

  • Member since 2024 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Lianna Mae Smith:

    Just a note- I confronted them with their suspended license multiple times and the squirrely agents sent me a new business license that they have in -  I believe Delaware? They claim that the suspended license is for their "loan deparment" and since they dont OFFER loans anymore it doesn't matter that it lapsed.  I have yet to confirm if it's legit because the license details are behind a paywall.  Has anyone ever actually been sent to collections by them? I haven't paid. They keep calling (refuse to  email) and "tacking on fees" and then begging to call back to we can "settle". 


     I got scammed by this company few days, ago. They wont explain detailes or if there cancelation fee, they told to skeep pages just put initials cause their read everything outloud but not the specific of cancelation fee or that loan will be in hundreds small credit cards, and ill get hundred inquiries, does they actually send anyone to collection? I put alert for id fraud cause i feel they fraud me, and will take advantage in future of me too, so i froze all my credit agencies.


     Did you ever get sent to collections?

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    2y

    @Dennis Howland

    How did it end up for you???

    7e investments53 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.