Votes
Kimberly Harten
  • Watertown, NY
Votes |
Commercial loan strategy. Assistance needed

Kimberly Harten
  • Watertown, NY
Posted Jul 22 2017, 15:28
New investor in Northern NY. I have an 8-unit residential pending contract submission for 120k. ARV is 150k; which will likely be accepted in northern NY. If appraisal comes in the same or more I'll have at least 20% equity. Financials on property are good according to commercial loan officer pre-contract conversation. My Bank will lend up to 85% LTV on commercial. Do I have to provide my RE contract to the bank as part of the commercial loan process? I'm trying to understand how to get this process accomplished without putting a 15% down. I have the cash but I'd rather keep it. Any advice on if or how this works? I've heard that people establish their down payment by the seller holding a second mortgage. How does this get contracted and reported to bank. Or does it even have to be reported. The point in a down payment seems to be skin in the game concept BUT if I can negotiate a contract for instant equity didn't I put skin in the game? Any advice on how to accomplish keeping my cash instead of using it for a down payment? Thanks Kim

Loading replies...