• Irvine, CA
Votes |
Looking for low rate HELOC with high LTV in first position

Edward Shen
  • Investor
  • Irvine, CA
Posted Sep 23 2017, 00:29

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have any banks/credit unions/lending institutions that will provide a high LTV (& more than $400k limit) on a SFR (primary residence) in first lien position with good rates in CA? I currently have a HELOC at Prime minus 0.5% and they confirmed that they will accept first lien position on a refi. My current HELOC is in 2nd position, after my primary mortgage. I'm toying with the idea of placing the HELOC in first position to pay off my loan balance faster. At the time I applied for it (just over 2 years ago), their underwriting guidelines would allow up to 80% LTV, but now they've dropped it to 50% LTV in CA. I want to maximize my limit and therefore need a lender who can accommodate a high LTV (over 50%) in CA with very good rates and little to no application/closing costs. There were no application fee or closing costs associated with my current HELOC. I can't seem to find a better option than my current lending institution and am looking for suggestions. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ed

Loading replies...