Skip to content
Creative Real Estate Financing

User Stats

Votes
Blake Davis
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
Newbie - How do I structure this in order to cash flow?

Blake Davis
  • Fort Worth, TX
Posted Apr 16 2018, 15:21

I am new to real estate investing and hoping to get my feet wet with my first deal sometime in 2018. My goal is to use the BRRRR method with multi family properties here in the Dallas - Fort Worth market.

I am having a bit of trouble structuring my deals to achieve cash flow. I only have about $3-5k that I'd be willing to use as a down payment. However, my Dad and his business partner are willing to help me get started. My dad's business partner is a multi millionaire and could easily fund entire deals. But having no down payment keeps me pigeon-holed into very small cash flow. My Dad and I have talked about having his business partner front the down payment and getting a bank mortgage, and then splitting the cash flow and equity 50/50 between me and my Dad. But this still seems like it would end up eating up our cash flow as we have to pay back his business partner somehow. 

Has anyone had a similar situation and found a creative work-around? Any input or resources you could recommend would be greatly appreciated!

Blessings,

Blake

Loading replies...