Votes
Elijah Miller
  • Central Kentucky
Votes |
FHA/Sagging D/T Garage Roof

Elijah Miller
  • Central Kentucky
Posted Jun 19 2019, 07:14

Guys, I apologize in advance if this is not the right place for this question.  Please move it to where it'd be better suited.

I have recently found a 4 BR/2BA property that will suit my needs of going back to school and renting out the other rooms perfectly.  I should be cash flowing approximately +$500/mo. However, I have also found one problem though: financing.

This was my mistake, but I contacted Quicken initially to get an idea of what I could afford. I was pre-approved for 190k, and this number has only been dropping ever since. Since this has been an issue and it appeared they may have absurd closing costs, I have begun looking for other banks, but at this time- an FHA loan is looking like the most probable form of loan for this property.

The only issue after financing then is that I am concerned that the garage may not meet FHA requirements. There is a slight sag to the roof and it has supposedly been that way since construction (Approx 40 years). It will need to be fixed at some point costing approximately 2-6k, but I am assuming it would make it as-is another 2 years.

Has anyone had a similar issue? How did you resolve it? Was it an issue for FHA financing?

Any and all help in understanding this issue will be greatly appreciated!  Thank you! 

Loading replies...