• Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wichita, KS
Votes |
Re appraisal just came in

Victor Moreno
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wichita, KS
Posted Jan 26 2021, 19:55

So my wife and I bought our first house about 3 years ago it was a foreclosure bought it for 95 thousand it really didn’t need a lot of work just cosmetic stuff like painting fixing drywall and putting new doors and flooring but I was like “ hey I think I’ve done enough I think I can get a good enough appraisal to tap in some equity and start my flipping business” which I am planning on flipping at least 5 or more houses this year so I call 5 banks all of them wanted to go with the county appraisal which was 110k and I would only get 15k and I was like NO I know it’s worth more than that. So I kept calling banks till I came across one that said “ hey the county appraised your house at 110k but if you want we can send an appraiser to check out your house see if it’s valued more it’s just going to be 450$ so I said yes that’s what I was waiting for. So 2 weeks later I get a call saying my house is apprised for 180,000$ and I can get 73,000$ out on a equity loan! Finally . Something I found out early is don’t give up some doors closed but God knows why because there is something better so don’t get discouraged!

Loading replies...