• Investor
  • Wylie, TX
Votes |
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Jimmy Watson
  • Investor
  • Wylie, TX
Posted Dec 13 2013, 21:56

As I was out shopping today for my current project in Dallas, I got a call from my sister telling me that her and my mom were being taken to the hospital due to carbon monoxide poisoning. The average reading inside the house was 500, and that's with the front door being left open by the FD for about 15 minutes. 500 is over 10x's the norm.

I write this mainly to those that have rentals with gas appliances, please don't forget the CO detectors!

Secondly, when the gas co came out to turn the gas on to the house (on 10/15), he would not light the pilot to the gas appliances due to the improper ventilation of the water heater. I understand the owner had been made aware of the improper ventilation in the water heater closet by my mom, but apparently did not fix the specific issue.

My mom went to the ER on Monday with similar symptoms, but CO poisoning was not test for. Early today, my mom's symptoms grew worse, vomiting, confusion, slightly diminished motor skills... Looking back, they have had symptoms for about 6 weeks or so, Sunday will be two months exactly.

Short of calling a lawyer, I wanted to see what advice or options there were, if any.

Thanks!

Loading replies...