I'm buying a property under my LLC and the title company asks which address I would like for the deed and municipal documents.
Should I provide them with my home address or my LLC address? Not sure what are the implications.
Thank you!!
Hey @Amir J Reichental,
There are small pros and cons to this:
Home Address:
Pros:
Cons:
LLC Address:
Pros:
Cons:
Ultimately, the decision depends on your specific circumstances and priorities. If privacy and protecting your personal assets are paramount, using the LLC address might be preferable. However, if convenience and simplicity are more important, using your home address could be the way to go. Keep in mind its always a good idea to consult with a real estate-focused accountant who also does asset protection to get a full picture for more complex strategies.
I'm buying a property under my LLC and the title company asks which address I would like for the deed and municipal documents.
Should I provide them with my home address or my LLC address? Not sure what are the implications.
Thank you!!
In general, you will use the LLC as you are buying under. It is always recommended to use the LLC but in cases where you don't often check your mail then I would use my home address.
Hey @Amir J Reichental,
There are small pros and cons to this:
Home Address:
Pros:
Cons:
LLC Address:
Pros:
Cons:
Ultimately, the decision depends on your specific circumstances and priorities. If privacy and protecting your personal assets are paramount, using the LLC address might be preferable. However, if convenience and simplicity are more important, using your home address could be the way to go. Keep in mind its always a good idea to consult with a real estate-focused accountant who also does asset protection to get a full picture for more complex strategies.
I'm buying a property under my LLC and the title company asks which address I would like for the deed and municipal documents.
Should I provide them with my home address or my LLC address? Not sure what are the implications.
Thank you!!
Thank you!
In general, you will use the LLC as you are buying under. It is always recommended to use the LLC but in cases where you don't often check your mail then I would use my home address.
Hey @Amir J Reichental,
There are small pros and cons to this:
Home Address:
Pros:
Cons:
LLC Address:
Pros:
Cons:
Ultimately, the decision depends on your specific circumstances and priorities. If privacy and protecting your personal assets are paramount, using the LLC address might be preferable. However, if convenience and simplicity are more important, using your home address could be the way to go. Keep in mind its always a good idea to consult with a real estate-focused accountant who also does asset protection to get a full picture for more complex strategies.
Hey @Amir J Reichental,
There are small pros and cons to this:
Home Address:
Pros:
Cons:
LLC Address:
Pros:
Cons:
Ultimately, the decision depends on your specific circumstances and priorities. If privacy and protecting your personal assets are paramount, using the LLC address might be preferable. However, if convenience and simplicity are more important, using your home address could be the way to go. Keep in mind its always a good idea to consult with a real estate-focused accountant who also does asset protection to get a full picture for more complex strategies.
happy to help!
Select the address that's most convenient. Absolutely no truth to prior posts suggesting one address will provide greater asset protection than the other. BP members, please please please get off the bandwagon..... Anonymity is not asset protection and will not prevent claims from arising. There are plenty of proactive asset protection systems you should be implementing, anonymity is not one of them.
Select the address that's most convenient. Absolutely no truth to prior posts suggesting one address will provide greater asset protection than the other. BP members, please please please get off the bandwagon..... Anonymity is not asset protection and will not prevent claims from arising. There are plenty of proactive asset protection systems you should be implementing, anonymity is not one of them.
Thank you!