ZOHO CRM vs PODIO CRM your thoughts

22 Replies

What are the pros & cons of the 2 systems?

I haven't used Zoho but here are my Podio Pros and Cons...

Pros

• Very Flexible.  You can customize it to fit your business model for sure
  • Very Powerful.  Using workflows from Podio or Globiflow can really create some awesome automated processes that will save you a ton of time
  • Great API that allows other services to communicate with it.  Using Zapier you can pretty much do anything you want.

Cons

• There is a decent learning curve when you first get started.  The downfall of flexible systems.
  • The more you extend it and use 3rd Party integrations the more tools you have to keep track of.  Many of them are "set-it-and-forget-it" type of tools that just work, but you introduce more opportunity for failure.

Over all I LOVE Podio!  I've completely automated some of my tasks that I hated doing manually.  Now that I understand how it works, I can setup new Apps very quickly or even just add new fields to an existing app.  

Hope that helps

@Scott Costello

I've heard of how podio has integrations. I can't picture what integrations woiuld be useful in REI automation. Might you share a picture of what tool touches what other tool? FWIW REI automation would be a useful blog post. But hand drawing a picture and posting here would be helpful to BPers.

I've been using ZOHO for years. It's pretty powerful and their support system is very good. I've never used Podio. Just saying I've had a great experience with ZOHO. 

Originally posted by @Curt Smith :

@Scott Costello

I've heard of how podio has integrations. I can't picture what integrations woiuld be useful in REI automation. Might you share a picture of what tool touches what other tool? FWIW REI automation would be a useful blog post. But hand drawing a picture and posting here would be helpful to BPers.

A few examples would be this...

1) pulling in leads automatically from my website when leads submit a form.  This can be done in a few different ways.  I use Gravity Forms on my website to create all my forms, then use Zapier to connect Gravity Forms and Podio.  

2) Automating the process of sending out offer letters through the mail.  You can use Zapier to connect Podio to Lob.  

3) I have a process setup that pulls my leads in from my website, looks up which county the property is in based off the zip code.  I then use the County to do a lookup of my wholesale Partners and then automatically share the Podio Lead with my partner.  This is all done with out my involvement what so ever.  

4) You can integrate a service like GlobiMail that allows you to automatically record all your email correspondences with a seller right in the podio item.

5) You can setup podio, using globiflow to create an auto-responder to send a lead an email follow up after the fill out your form.  You can even setup a series of emails to be sent to these people.  I've even seen someone create a text message auto-responder series.

To be honest there is a way to anything you want for the most part.  As Podio gets more popular, more and more extensions/integrations are becoming available.

Hope that gives you some insight :)

Originally posted by @Scott Costello :
    Originally posted by @Curt Smith:

@Scott Costello

A few examples would be this...

1) pulling in leads automatically from my website when leads submit a form.  This can be done in a few different ways.  I use Gravity Forms on my website to create all my forms, then use Zapier to connect Gravity Forms and Podio.  

2) Automating the process of sending out offer letters through the mail.  You can use Zapier to connect Podio to Lob.  

3) I have a process setup that pulls my leads in from my website, looks up which county the property is in based off the zip code.  I then use the County to do a lookup of my wholesale Partners and then automatically share the Podio Lead with my partner.  This is all done with out my involvement what so ever.  

4) You can integrate a service like GlobiMail that allows you to automatically record all your email correspondences with a seller right in the podio item.

5) You can setup podio, using globiflow to create an auto-responder to send a lead an email follow up after the fill out your form.  You can even setup a series of emails to be sent to these people.  I've even seen someone create a text message auto-responder series.

To be honest there is a way to anything you want for the most part.  As Podio gets more popular, more and more extensions/integrations are becoming available.

Hope that gives you some insight :)

Is this something you would recommend to new wholesalers?

This post has been removed.

More Examples of Third Party Integration REI Automation.

A) Podio & Globiflow & Google Docs

I used Podio and Google Docs to create Flyers that my guys can easily create and print out through Google Docs for Meetup and Real Estate Groups to distribute to cash buyers.

B) Podio & Google Docs (USED FOR Training VA)

When you integrate into your App, you can give better instructions to your staff. You can see a video here.

B) Podio & Globiflow & Click2Mail.com

Each Seller we talk to is mailed a physical offer. Highly recommend that you are always mailing offers, they do comeback. See Video Here.

C) Podio & Globflow & RightSignature

This integration can be seen here. This integration allows for me to easily email a contract to seller and have them electronically sign the contract through Podio.

D) Podio & Globiflow. (SMS)

When we have a property that we put under contract we will contact all real estate agents within a 1 mile radius that represented property that sold or bought for all cash. We will use Globiflow to Text Messages and Emails to these agents with a click of a button. They might have a cash buyer who wants our property. This would take 4-5 hours before and now it takes 10 minutes. See Video Here.

E) Podio & Zapier & Globiflow & Google Drive

This is one of my most important integrations and it helps me keep all of my receipts categorized within Podio. The receipts are first saved in a folder in Google Drive and then Zapier will take those receipts and store them in Podio. Once in Podio I can easily assign to different campaigns and different businesses to track my ROI. Globiflow will then properly categorize them through total automation. I have never been so financially organized in my life.

Originally posted by @Trevon Peracca :

Is this something you would recommend to new wholesalers?

Yes it is

I use Zoho that was setup by Property MOB. Works just fine for me.

I'm starting off wholesaling and it took me maybe five hours to set up podio (off / on work and a lot of tinkering). Its free to start (under 5 employees), and I'm not sure if Zoho is free to start.

Podio does take some time to setup but once you set up it is AWESOME!!! It almost I run an online business.  I operate in two different markets and it would not be possible if I did not have Podio.  

@scott 

@Scott Costello - I love podio, and use it for multiple businesses.  Just curious to get your take on:

1. Globimail.  

2.  I really want to be able to send emails from Podio, Globiflow, and/or Globimail to multiple contacts in a specific app (i.e. my list of investors).  Have you had any success in connecting all the contact email info to the To: field in any of these emails?  Just seems like a major function of Podio is missing here...

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

@Karen Morgan  I have not really needed to do that just yet.  With GlobiFlow you could probably do it by pulling in all the different contact items based on a reference, then storing the email addresses in a variable.  Then use that variable in the TO: field for an email.  At least that is how I would try and do it.

Alternatively, depending on  your Podio setup, you might be able to create a calculation field that says something like...

var emails = @All of EmailAddresses;
    emails;

You'd put that calculation in the Lead Item that references the contacts app that you are using.  You can then reference that calc field in globiflow.

@Ronald Keene @Scott Costello you two have sold me on podio. 

Will you comment on which plan would allow me ideal flexibility? Can Zapier be utilized with any plan level?

For instance, I need to automate various parts of my workflow and be able to see where a client's return is in my project pipeline. I'd also like to integrate podio with gmail (I see I can do so via Zapier) and potentially Xero or Quickbooks. Thoughts?

Originally posted by @Brandon Hall :

@Ronald Keene @Scott Costello you two have sold me on podio. 

Will you comment on which plan would allow me ideal flexibility? Can Zapier be utilized with any plan level?

For instance, I need to automate various parts of my workflow and be able to see where a client's return is in my project pipeline. I'd also like to integrate podio with gmail (I see I can do so via Zapier) and potentially Xero or Quickbooks. Thoughts?

1. Ideal Plan

2. Zapier & Podio Plan

3. Show Progress of Deals/Returns

I made a YouTube video to give you some feedback.

https://youtu.be/gNlOdiwn2ao

Quickbooks extension for Podio can be found at podio . com / extensions  and search Quickbooks, they give you good instructions on integrating.   Can you be specific on integration of Gmail/Podio?  

@Scott Costello and @Ronald Keene

Thank you both for your awesome content on Podio.  Do you both still recommend them with the recent changes to GlobiFlow now requiring a minimum of 5 users @ $125 per month?  I am a single investor just starting out and unfortunately I missed being grandfathered in at the $9 / month rate.

Hi @Chris Hoffman ,

That price increase really pissed me off as it took a NO BRAINER purchase to a This is going to hurt purchase. At the end of the day you have to evaluate whether it's worth the cost to your business. Most other CRMs for REI run between $50 to $300 a month. None of them are as flexible as Podio/Globiflow are.

I've heard that FusionMint can do some of the things that GlobiFlow can do, so that might be worth a look.  For me though, if I really thought about how useful GF was to my business I would really have to consider it at $120/mo.  The bonus at that price is you get unlimited actions, while in the Old GF model your actions where limited to 25/hr for the $9 plan and 50/hr for $15 plan.  You'd use those up pretty quickly if you had some larger flows setup.  

It still makes me sick to think that it used to be $9/mo for entry level though...Which is EXACTLY what new investors need.

@Scott Costello  Thanks for the information, it is very helpful.  

I have signed up for a 30 day trial of FusionMint as you suggested and it looks promising.  Not as much functionally as GlobiFlow but it seams to do what I was looking for currently, which is creating PDF files from Podio items.  

I was almost going to create an Microsoft Access database to hold tenants in and use that to fill in all of my rental forms as I could bang out a database app in an afternoon. I decided against that because I really want to setup my business to be completely online thinking I could turn some of it over to a VA someday.

I watched your new videos on Podio and it looks very promising.  Are you planing on selling your apps?  Do you need any help developing or beta testing, if so I could pitch in.  I have been a software dev for the last 20 years.   If not I will be setting up Apps for the property management side of things (Tenants, Leases, Property Owners, etc).  I really like what I have seen on the wholesale side apps you have setup.

Again thanks for the help and I look forward to see how your Podio workflows turn out.

@Chris Hoffman  Thanks for your offer to help.  I will be selling the Apps + Workflows when I'm all done.  It'll be a monthly subscription because I have to store and run the workflows off of my webservers.  

I will be looking for beta testers once development is complete, however you will have to pay into the beta program.  In the past I've tried just giving away software in trade for beta testers but it NEVER worked out well and I would barely get a response.  Beta Testers will get a big discount though.

What sort of development have you done?  do you know PHP and usage of third party APIs over REST?

@Scott Costello  

No PHP unfortunately.  Mostly the M$ stack.  VB back in the 90's and since 2001 it's been C#, ASP.NET.  Yes I currently develop most of our code in RESTful services.  I love playing with third party APIs at work,  At home I have been busy trying to get the Real Estate business off the ground and I have been having to resist the build vs buy thing that devs love to do.

I've been using Zoho Projects and Books for years. The CRM has never worked for me very well. It has been updated recently however, I still did not find it very useful. I'm a huge fan of Zoho Projects and don't know what I would do without it. 

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide