Our r.e. taxes and heating costs have gone through the roof. Years ago I consulted with an atty who told me I had several options - apply for a hardship stay (rent controlled bldg). If successful the local municipality would allow a deviation from the rent control ordinance and would permit a landlord to increase each tenant's rent for a specific term and for a specific dollar amount per unit. In our State we are required to provide an annual income and expense statement to the Tax Assessor. I was curious if anyone has ever done this and what criteria was used to make a decision.