• Real Estate Agent
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
Selling property

Brian S.
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Posted Nov 30 2015, 16:06

I am selling a under $10,000 rental property in Pittsburgh.  I am selling it extremely cheap to get rid of it quickly.  I found an ad on craigslist and made a call.  A "gentleman" came out to the house and made an offer we both agreed on. I told him I did not want to sign a contract. He insisted I had to because he needed timea couple weeks for a house inspection and title search ect. I trusted him and signed contract. I did not look it over well enough.  I did some researching online and realized he was a wholesaler. The next couple days I had to contact him to make sure he was proceeding and scheduling an inspection and doing a title search. He has cancelled inspection and had a couple investors look at it. I am mad he lied to my face. He told me he was buying it.  I signed the contract on the 7th of November. It was to close on the 23rd. But, the contract states he has an additional 21 days. If he is proceeding in good faith. He says the title work is still not complete! Yet he has been  marketing it on the internet since at least the 14th. Why would he list a property without a clear title. I have learned a lot because of this.  Anyways, the contract states that if for instance the house would burn down he would get my insurance money.

Loading replies...